Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:28 AM
Admiral

Default Tell us your best or funniest RCCL story

Tell us your best or funniest RCCL story. I have yet to have one so please tell us yours.
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Tell us your best or funniest RCCL story

someone fell overboard
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Last year, on Sovereign of the Seas, our first cruise, my brother and I had an inside cabin across the hall from our parents outside cabin. Within an hour of being on board, my brother decided to take a shower not knowing that the shower head was detachable. When he turned on the water, the pressure pushed the shower head off the clip and it was flying all over the bathroom as he was trying to grab it. I was sitting in the cabin trying to put away my clothes and such and could hear him yelping like a puppy trying to grab the shower head!! lol
In the end, every towel in the bathroom was soaking wet and there was a huge puddle!! That was the day the maid was introduced to Rusty Griswold!! lol
Old April 27th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Admiral

FYI they are not stories they are the gods honest truth. No there is another thread about JR's charging that I DID NOT START and they for the most part all agree with me.
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:25 PM
marciaj

Default Re: Re: Tell us your best or funniest RCCL story

Old April 27th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Flotsam

Wow, here we go again!
Old April 28th, 2004, 10:51 PM
Tom Witts

you just had to get her started didn't ya rbrown......
Old April 29th, 2004, 08:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

RBrown
That was funny. However now you set her off again.
Norma
Old April 30th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Carley

Default Re: Re: Tell us your best or funniest RCCL story

This one was pretty good.....A few weeks after September 11th my soon to be husband(honeymooning on the Radiance in 15days!!!!!!) and I went on a weekend trip on the Sovereign..We thought twice about traveling out of the country so soon after the tragedy but decided to go for it and not let the terrorists get the best of us..When we boarded the ship there was luggage ...dirty clothing...and many personal items NOT BELONGING TO US in our room ! We went down to the pursers desk kind of concerned thinking they just made a room assignment error BUT<<<They had no one else booked in that room!! Our concern became a little fearful not knowing who was on board that even RCCL was unaware of!! Come to find out the ship had just left dry dock and one of the electricians had been staying in that room and had fallen asleep on deck and was a late check out!
It all actually worked out great because we went from an inside deck 2 cabin to a balcony on the 7th floor for our worries!!!!! RCCL handled everything perfectly...
Old April 30th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Admiral

That was a good one and great for an upgrade Carley Only if we all could be that lucky

Carnival Celebration 94
Carnival Fantsy 96
Old May 1st, 2004, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

That is funny. I have been on the Sovereign four times and have stayed on deck 7, the Promenade deck. There are NO balconies on that ship. have they removed them? Majesty and Monarch have them but only on the Bridge deck.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:25 PM
Carley

You are absolutley correct!! My mistake..Big beautiful window but no balcony on that one...ooopppss..
Old May 3rd, 2004, 10:48 PM
Sooshie

About an hour into our cruise on the Monarch (10/02) my husband (cruising for the first time) went to the men's room. He was gone for quite some time, but I (being the loving wife that I am) continued to lie in the sun by the pool waiting (and worrying of course..wink wink) for him. About 20 to 30 minutes later he arrives as mad as he can be. It seems he got locked in the men's room and the lock was jammed. He had to pound on the door until finally a crewmember unlocked the door from the outside. He tried to tell him what happened but the worker didn't speak English and just shrugged and walked away. He had a huge bruise on his wrist and forearm from banging for 20 minutes. It's funny now, but at the time this is what set the tone for the cruise we had just embarked on. It got a little better, but not much. Since then we cruised the Enchantment and that was the BEST!