Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Kellie Santillo

Default 11 day cruise only for older people?

My husband and I are sailing the 11 day exotic caribbean cruise on Empress of the Seas (f/k/a Nordic Empress), Royal Caribbean in November 2004. We are in our late twenties and are concerned that we aren't going to have anyone else our age to mingle with. Is this true? Are we going to be sailing only with people older than 50? The itinerary was so great we couldn't pass it up. We just hope that there are some people our age or at least close to our age on the cruise. Any Comments? Any cruisers for that trip? It leaves November 22 and returns December 3.
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2004, 11:32 AM
my $.02

Default Re: 11 day cruise only for older people?

My wife and I did this and had a GREAT time. We really do not mingle that much, but the age mix was good. True it is an older crowd, but there is plenty of a mix. We were in our late 20's when we did it 2 years ago.
Old April 27th, 2004, 02:38 PM
First Mate

I did an 11-night on the Brilliance in November last year and the ship was about 70% foreign tourists. I would say average age about 55.

I guess they have the time to cruise the longer itins and love the Caribbean in their winter months.
Old April 27th, 2004, 05:28 PM
First Mate

I did a 10 day cruise and yes, it was mostly an older crowd but we did meet a couple around our age from England and had a great time. They will be visiting us next month and we plan to go to England sometime also. A cruise is really what you make of it. Older people can be fun too! I wouldn't pass up a great itinery for a lack of a younger crowd. Go for it and have a blast!
Old April 28th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Erin_Cruisers
Default Re: Re: 11 day cruise only for older people?

We are going on an 11 day cruise, and I'm 47 and my DW is 51, so you see
- there is a mix of younger AND older people on board!!