Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Laura R.

Default Poor condition of Royal Suite on Spendour

Hi
I don't cruise till next week on the Norwegian Dawn, but my mother is currently cruising on RCCL's Splendour of the Seas. She booked Royal Family Suite #8532. I see in one of cruisemate's reviews from December that the room was described: "Our stateroom: We booked the Royal Family Suite (category AA) and were in cabin 8532. This stateroom is right next to the Crown and Anchor study on deck 8. It is also right under the pool deck and many times at night, I could hear thuds, scrapes, and people jogging. If you're a light sleeper, I would not recommend this stateroom. On the floor plan on the RCI website, a large walk-in closet is shown on the right just before the small bedroom. This does not exist. The carpet was faded and the upholstery and drapes looked older. There was a crack in the lower portion of the sliding glass window off the master bedroom. However, the stateroom attendant kept the room neat and clean, so we were not bothered by these aspects."

My mother told me she was extremely disappointed in the suite, that it looked really "seedy." It sounds as though the suite's condition has further deteriorated since that review was written. I know that she made a complaint with the ship. Given that these rooms cost so much, I feel really bad for her. Also, she has taken along my 91 year old grandmother on probably her last vacation, so I'm sure she feels doubly disappointed that the suite did not live up to its picture in the brochure.

Anyway, is there anything else she should do besides complain at the desk on the ship? I haven't heard back from her yet if they've done anything, but I do know she's still in that same suite, since her email today complained about it again. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Poor condition of Royal Suite on Spendour

Wright a letter to RCCL's main office as well
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Poor condition of Royal Suite on Spendour

She should take her complaints DIRECTLY to the Hotel Manager. Tell her to go to the Purser's desk and ask for an appointment.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/