Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Swimming pools.. heated on VOS?

Hey everyone. I'm taking the Voyager cruise to Canada in a couple of weeks. I know that part of the fun of cruising is swimming. Are the pools on cruise ships heated? The climate out there should be a little chilly. Someone told me thier pool was heated on a cruise they were on. Thanks.

Voyager of the Seas to Bermuda

May 2004 Voyager of the Seas to Canada
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2004, 06:44 PM
cricket55

Default Re: Swimming pools.. heated on VOS?

We were on Voyager a year ago Jan and loved it. The pools are not heated, at least they weren't when we were on. Although we cruised the Western Caribbean, the weather was freezing and not even the hot tubs were very warm. One day in Cozumel the weather was in the 50's.

I am from Canada (near Toronto) and the weather here at the end of May is usually in the 60s (sometimes cooler or warmer). 2 years ago in early May the weather was in the high 80s for most of the week. So perhaps you will be lucky and have better weather here in Canada than we did in the Caribbean. Although if your cruise is mostly in the Maritime provinces (Halifax, etc), the weather is usually cooler there than it is near Toronto.

Enjoy your cruise and if I can answer anything else for you, please let me know.
Old April 29th, 2004, 06:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Swimming pools.. heated on VOS?

Thanks so much! :-) I'm looking forward to going to Canada for the first time ever. I am looking for Lobster shacks in St. John and things to do in Halifax. I have decided NOT to take the organized tour.

Old April 30th, 2004, 11:45 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Swimming pools.. heated on VOS?

Hi:
You never know about the pools ahead of time. I've been on a lot of cruises on RCCL and Princess and last year when we took the Sun Princess to Hawaii, the water was very cold and I love to swim; so sometimes I would give it a try anyway. Well, the very last day of the 15 day cruise, they decided to heat the pool, but they didn't tell anyone ahead of time. I discovered this the last day when everyone was in the pool and that was the reason why. I wish they would have heated the pool the whole cruise and not just wait until the last day to do so. I have no idea why they did this. I wish they were all heated myself. I'm going to Alaska for the first time this summer and I have no idea if the pools are heated, I sure hope so.
Happy Cruising.....Anita
Old April 30th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Swimming pools.. heated on VOS?

Thanks for the info. :-)