Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2004, 03:29 PM
TootsieBell

Default RCI Visa Card

We have an RCI Visa Card. Would someone please tell me where to find out what my points are worth and how to redeem them. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2004, 04:14 PM
Passenger

Default Re: RCI Visa Card

when u got the card in the mail you should have gotten a packet that included the point system or contact mbna bank they issue the card
Old April 28th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Yeoman

you can check you points on line under www.mbna.com. You get 1 point for every $1. charged. I called RC to see how to redeem them. They told me for 5000 points, yu can upgrade on 3,4 or 5 day from interior to oceanview room and for 15,000 points you can upgrade on 7 day from interior to oceanview, or take a $150. shipboard credit. Didn't ask them what the next step was. So far I have little over 10,000 points. You get double points when you use your RC Visa on your RC cruise. Guess I need to start charging all my groceries and gas on mine too. Maybe then I can get upgrade to balcony. Not going to redeem mine until next year, or maybe even save up for the 11 day voyage to Hawaii, and upgrade to balcony then! At least I can dream!

Happy Cruising to All!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old April 30th, 2004, 11:28 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: RCI Visa Card

Hi:
Do any of you know the limit assigned to these credit cards? Or, does it depend on your credit rating, how high a limit you get? There's a Med Cruise I would like to book for next summer and I was thinking of getting one of their credit cards and putting the whole thing on the card, because the cruise and land tour is quite expensive. My TA said I would only get a discount for being a "Diamond Member", if we booked a balcony.
We usually get balconies, but with the one being more expensive than normal, we were going to book an outside; and my TA said we don't get a discount for an outside cabin. You would think all the cruise we've booked with RCCL, we would get some type of discount.
Happy Cruising....Anita
Old April 30th, 2004, 02:27 PM
Yeoman

The credit limit is according to your credit rating. As soon as I got mine, I requested an increase in the limit, and got it with no problem. You will receive 1 point credit for every $1.00 you spend, and you get double points for charging RC charges. They may offer bonus points for some things too, but not sure. I got a bonus with the first charge I used. Good Luck!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old May 1st, 2004, 09:05 PM
jljlinda

NOTICE REGARDING RCCL CREDIT CARD WHEN USING "SHOPSAFE."

The Visa card is offerred by MBNA and they offer their shopsafe program which can be used through the internet to create a onetime use number with a spending limit and an expiration date from 2 to 12 months into the future. Although MBNA has absolutely no problem BILLING the cardholder for all the shopsafe purchases, they have only one way to post the corresponding points earned and that way is strictly manual. AT THIS MOMENT, we are short exactly 12,744 points and most of this discrepancy is due to my using a shopsafe number that I created to make final payment of $4,618.14 paid on 03/29/04 to RCCL for the upcoming members cruisetour set to start in Anchorage on May 30, 2004.

We are RCCL Diamond members, are stockholders in the company, and cruise RCCL ships rather often (e.g. 4 times in 2003, 3 times in 2002). As you can see, we obviously "believe" in RCCL. Thought those of you who might be considering the MBNA (RCCL) Visa card would be interested in knowing about the bad experience we have had with MBNA. If you plan to use MBNA's shopsafe program, be prepared to audit each month's statement and then to call their customer service department if you want to get RCCL points properly credited to your account (and you will still be lucky if you get all the points that you should.

Jerry & Linda
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

My question...You can get $150 shipboard credit for every $15,000 you charge. Is there a limit on how many of these $150 shipboard credits you can use? If I accumulate 45,000 points, can I show up with $450 worth of shipboard credits? Also, do you need to let them know in advance, or show up with them when you board? (I can't find my "rules" packet)
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:03 PM
hcat

The post about the shopsafe card has confused me. We use our card for everything & seem to be accumulating a nice amount of points.. on each statement. What happens next?..the booklet seems to state you call them & arrange for credit to match your points in advance of use.... but not sure-has anyone redeemed any points yet? Thought we'd wait til next yr & use any accumulated points to pay for shipboard expenses--seems we would have to cash them in advance of the trip????? Now that excursions are charged directly to the credit card when booked ahead on line & not billed to the shipboard account--the shipboard expenses will be less...But we always run a high bill so think this will be our best usage.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 07:40 PM
DonD

You have to call MBNA to get your vouchers and then mail them to RCL for your choices.
We cashed in 15,000 points and ended up with a $150 shipboard credit when we got on the ship.
DO NOT request too early or too late. It takes about a month to get your coupons from MBNA and they expire six months from date of issue. RCL requires that they recieve the coupons ten working days before your cruise date. Other than the small hassle with the coupons everything went well. DonD
Old May 3rd, 2004, 07:18 AM
Andocruiser

I too have and use the card. My question is this: If you book a cruise through a travel agent, do you send your vouchers to the travel agent or Royal Caribbean? Does all of this need to be done around the time you purchase the cruise? Or can you purchase the cruise through the travel agent and later send in the vouchers?
Old May 3rd, 2004, 02:20 PM
Passenger

I cashed in 50,000 points for a total of 500 dollars on board credit. From the time I called to redeem, it was about 5 days when I received them in the mail. Best bet is to copy them and then send the originals signature receipt required. It will not show up on your account on the cruise unitl the night of sailing, because the computers are still configuring for the past guests. Mine showed up the next day.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 06:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

They let you use all $500 for shipboard credit?
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:22 PM
browezilla

Go take a look at icruise.com's card. You get $500 off of a cruise booked through them after only $17000. It's one of the best affinity programs I've seen.
Old May 6th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Passenger

I cashed in 50,000 for ten vouchers. You can cash in as many points as you like. My preference is to book only with a local travel agent, I will not book on-line. Not that there is nothing wrong with it, I'm just used to my regular travel agent. She already knows what I want in cruising, so she makes all the decisions. We are now booking one for Alaska.
Old May 7th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Since I was having trouble getting an answer to a question about rewards, I emailed them.. Their email response was to call 1-888-305-4626.
I will try them on Monday, not sure if they're open on the weekends.
Was wondering if I can use 15,000points for a $150.00 discount on my cabin. Would rather have that than shipboard credit. Ill be getting $100.00 shipboard credit from my stock.
Norma
Old May 7th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to CruiseLuvr

Does anyone know how old it takes to get a RCI VIsa Card from MBNA? I know I have a CArnival Credit CArd and didn't nkow RCCL had a credit card so I charged my Cruise on the CArnival CArd. I don't think I got any credit for that purchase. I'm wondering when I get the RCCL CREdit Card if I can transfer the amount to my RCCL card and get double crdit then on my RCCL. I guess I should call and ask MBNA how to do this transfer so I can get credit on my RCCL Visa Card when I get it.
Old May 7th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Passenger

got mine in 10 days be careful prior to getting the card i was called by one of the reps that tried to push a $17,500 credit line i opted for $5000 he still tried to push the higher credit line didn,t know they offered the card till after i booked and paid for the cruise could have accrued $3500 in points that would have been doubled they offer double points check with them wish i could be more help explorer 5/30/04