Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2004, 04:49 PM
stuff&things

Default Arrival time at Port Canaveral

Okay, I know there is an official time for boarding to start, but I have read many other stories about people arriving earlier and being on board before the official time. So - what time do all of you try to get there? We'll be on Mariner in June and I would really like to get there as early as possible.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old April 28th, 2004, 06:29 PM
pkf4bucs

Default Re: Arrival time at Port Canaveral

We went on the Soverign in March and got to the Port around 10:30am. We only had to wait like 20 min. or so, but I think it depends on the speed of deboarding and cleaning.
Old April 28th, 2004, 07:17 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I would plan on around noon and hopefully you can board around then, have fun!

Message Boards Moderator
Old April 28th, 2004, 08:17 PM
Passenger

We have embarked at Post Canaveral several times. We get there around 11:00 or 11:15 and have gotten on board. Those were with Carnival though. I think it would be the same for RCCL.

Sensation 6/04
Mariner of the Seas 11/04
Old April 28th, 2004, 10:22 PM
Cruise Lover from FL

We were able to get on around noon when we sailed 02/29 but let me tell you about the poor souls trying to get on the ship when we returned. We had to make an emergency stop in Nassau on the way back for a sick passenger and we returned 4 hours late....
I doubt anyone got on the ship before 2 or possbily later. The crew was not happy because their time off got cancelled. So be prepared for anything. An FYI is that they do not even let you in the gates of the port until the previous cruise has left the parking lot and the roads are backed up for miles. If you are trying to get in and it is very backed up you may want to go some where for an hour or two and come back.
Old April 29th, 2004, 02:21 PM
aqusis

I wouldn't arrive before 11:00. The Mariner takes longer to off load than the Sovereign and it's usually a bit later before they start letting folks in. Lately, they haven't been letting folks into the parking areas until around 11:00. Everyone arriving earlier, was turned away and either had to wait it out in the day lot or drive around for awhile.
Old April 29th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Passenger

They say they don't start boarding until 1pm. (We just got back this Sunday from Mariner). But, I've gotten on other ships earlier than their "advertised" boarding time. However, debarkation was going very slowly last Sunday and I can't imagine that much was ready by 11am. We were in early departure and didn't get off the ship until 9am. There were tons of people left to go......
Old May 1st, 2004, 04:50 PM
Passenger

Just came home from the SOS. We arrived at the port around 11:30 the morning of departure. We we able to park the vehicle and by the time we reached the building, embarkment was already under way. We were on the ship by noon and our room was ready by 12:30.
Hope this helps.

Sovereign of the Seas
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Beginner

We were on the April 4th Mariner west itin.--shuttle dropped us off at 12:25 and we were on the ship by 12:40.