Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2004, 12:44 AM
jzagar

Default food on royal

how like to know how some of you who have cruise on royal a lot would rate there food in the last year or so
because i was mariner of the sea this feb and some have said that there food is not as good as it used to be i just thought it could have been a little better we were on sensation last year and the food was a little better there breakfast was a lot better on carinval i was just wondering if it could be that this was a brand new ship that they just have not got everything worked out yet
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2004, 06:32 AM
First Mate

Default Re: food on royal

I also agree that the food is much better in the dining room on Carnival than on Royal Caribbean, but I loved Chops and Portifinos. Carnival Pizza wins hands down!!! The dining room service seems better on RCCL in my opinion.
Libby
Old April 29th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Passenger

I was on the Serenda of the Seas two weeks ago and I thought the food was very poor. The servings were small and almost tasteless. In the Windjammer the food was almost cold before you could get seated and get yourself something to drink.
Old April 29th, 2004, 11:57 AM
GoatPro

Haven't had a bad meal on Royal EVER!!!!!! If the portion seem small just order two or three. They will be happy to accomodate.

Voyager of the Seas 2001
Navigator of the Seas 2003
Voyager of the Seas 2003
Adventure of the Seas 2004
Explorer of the Seas Oct 2004
Old April 29th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Amy Smith

Default Re: Re: food on royal

Ya know what I think? I think that not having to cook or clean up the kitchen means an "excellent meal". We all do expect for the food on cruises to be top-rate, but admit it, we are served things that most of us don't cook at home and it's never terrible (maybe I did have a pretty yucky steak on RCCI once). I am sooooo glad when I'm on a cruise that everything is at my disposal- be it mediocre or fabulous! Cheers to cruise food!

p.s. I've never dealt with food in the buffet line being too cold because I don't waste any time eating it
Old April 29th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Jodi

I think food is hard to judge because everyone has different likes & dislikes. RCCL has always been very good to me as well as Celebrity and the new Carnival ships.
Old April 29th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Adam- I have never been on a cruise (going in July!), as you say you can compare it to a 3-star family restaurant do you mean like a "Friday's" or "Olive Garden" and that sort of thing?
Old April 30th, 2004, 05:50 PM
dee-lynn

we just came back from our first cruise on April 9. We found RCCL food to be very good. However, it is hard to judge other ships because we have only been on one. By the way, our ship was Brilliance of the Seas.
Old May 2nd, 2004, 06:48 AM
TK

We have always loved the food on RCCI (three cruises). To compare it to the food at your Holiday Inn -- I don't think so.

Kudos to Amy Smith for placing things in perspective -- you are served, and do not have to do any work.

THE FOOD IS VERY GOOD!!!
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:05 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to MAJESTY2005

I think that the food on rccl is very good. It always gives you a fair amount and if you dont like it you can another meal (free).

BE HAPPY............NO COOKING

Old May 2nd, 2004, 06:54 PM
hcat

Last yr on Enchantment is was OK--basic meat & potatoes-- fair service, no style, no flair, & sometimes no taste--like good cafeteria food but you won't go hungry--does not compare favorably to Celeb food but the ship & cruise in all other respects was great! Booked on briliance for next March--