Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2004, 05:52 PM
kkars

Default grandeur of the sea

Has anyone ever been on Grandeur of the sea? We are going on our first cruise on July 4th. I never see anything about this ship and I'm getting a little nervous about how nice this ship is?
Is it ok to wear jean shorts on the ship during the day? My husband isn't one to dress up and I finally got him over the shock of having to wear a suit to dinner.
Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2004, 09:59 AM
DavidN

Default Re: grandeur of the sea

Our first cruise was on the Grandeur of the Seas. You are going to have a wonderful time. You see all kinds of dress around the ship on the first day. We have always carried on board with us a change of clothes for dinner that night - casual but nice. You can never be sure when your luggage will be delivered to your room. As for your husband, he does not have to dress up every night. I wear a nice golf shirt on casual nights, on semi-formal or whatever the call it now, I wear a blue jacket over the shirt with no tie. On the two formal nights, a suit is fine. Once he looks around, he will be fine. Enjoy!
Old May 5th, 2004, 04:32 PM
rockulax

The Grandeur is great. We were on it at christmas and had a great time, we are going again at the end of this month, out of Baltimore. The service is top notch, the entertainment was great, the food was great. The dress was varied, there are many people, all dressed different ways, my husband always wears jean shorts or his bathing suit during the days, and he has never looked out of place, be comfortable and have fun!!!!!!!!!! Suits are for the formal nights, other wise dockers, and golf shirts or hawian shirts work great!!!!!!! Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 6th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

We just got back from the Grandeur of the Seas last week and have to agree with the responses above. She's a beautiful ship with a great service staff. With the exception of the photography services ( a concession run by an outside company ), I have nothing but positive memories from this cruise. As far as your husband wearing jeans during the day, that should not be a problem at all. My recommendation for dinner in the Great Gatsby Dining Room would be for slacks (Dockers or similar) and a nice polo or golf shirt on casual nights, and a dark suit on the two formal nights. Enjoy your cruise!

Grandeur of the Seas
Old May 8th, 2004, 07:12 PM
roseann

Hi I cannot wait to get on the grandeur i sailed on the dawn and it was beautiful ship but service was terriable and so was the food. i sailed the Nordic Empress 3 years ago and it was the best and spoiled me. We were treated like kings and queens i will only sail RCL ever again, i will be sailing June 11 04 hope it comes fast enough
Old June 11th, 2004, 09:22 AM
tnicpon

The ship is great, me and my 3 children had a great time on the ship!!!
Old June 11th, 2004, 11:25 AM
First Mate

We sailed on the Grandeur twice. We just love this ship and the crew. Everyone is very accomodating. The service we received in the dining rooms were excellent both trips. They knew what we wanted to drink from the first night on. Never asked us it was there when we sat down. That is service!!! We just got off Princess and it was nice but the Grandeur is our favorite ship so far. I only wish RCCL cruised more islands they do a lot of repeating. Not that we have cruised a lot (6) but we like to see islands that we haven't seen before. Hopefully we will do Canada/New England on the Grandeur. Enjoy your cruise, can't have a bad one. A great vacation!!!
Old June 11th, 2004, 11:43 AM
DavidN

Our first cruise - five years ago - was on the Grandeur of the Seas. That experience is what hooked us on cruising. My suggestion to your husband would be to enjoy. He will not feel out of place dressing for dinner. To tell you the truth, it is kinda nice - different and part of the experience. Have a great time. We are excited about our next cruise - AOS in July.
Old June 11th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Do you think the Grandeur is good for a 9 yr old or is one of the voyager class ships better? It just didn't seem to have as many things for kids (at least from the cruise book)
We just live 30 min from Baltimore so it would be very convenient but believe it or not it seems to be less expensive to fly to Miami and catch the ship.
Thanks for any info you can give about the kids program.
Old June 11th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Betty Boat

Default Re: Re: grandeur of the sea

I think your 9 year old will be very happy on the Grandeur. I just got off it and I hear there will be 400 kids on the Grandeur leaving Baltimore today.
Old June 11th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Passenger

I was happy to hear all the positive comments on the grandeur. we are going to be on it on june 27. anybody else going on that date???