Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 4th, 2004, 08:31 PM
Beginner

Default Adding a person to a cabin

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have learned bunches from this board, thanks!

Have a question...

I booked a cruise on the Mariner (June 27) back in Novemeber with an online agency. Made the final payment in April. We have 2 cabins booked, 4 in one cabin & 2 in the other; the one with 2 is a handicap cabin. When I booked the cruise my son who is graduating from high school this year said that he was not going to be able to go because he was planning on joining the Air Force & wasn't sure when boot camp started.

Well in March we found out that he will not be going to BC until September so he now wants to go on the cruise with us, which is great!

I told the travel agent about it & she said she would get back to me, this was around April 3. She has yet to get back to me even after repeated emails to her. Soooo, not happy w/ this online company & will never use again.

So my question is, has anyone ever added a person to a cabin after the fact? He would stay in the handicap room w/ my mom & sister & from what I understand there is enough room.

I don't know what to do now, I would hate it if my son were not able to go especially since he'll be going away. (I've selfishly been trying to talk him into waiting a until things settled down in Iraq to no avail. )

Thanks for your help.

Stacy

PS Posted this on another board too so hopefully I will get an answer somewhere.
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Adding a person to a cabin

Forget e-mail and get on the phone with the agent. If they wont respond, talk to the agency manager!

Depending on the ship, the question may not be as simple as if there is room in the cabin for an extra body.

The cruise line should be willing to add a person, but don't leave it for chance. Get it sorted now.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 4th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Beginner

Hi, I asked the same quetion last week to my TA. We have a cabin across the hall from us that will hold 4. We have 3 kids going with us.One of my son's want to bring a friend and I asked My TA if we could ad another person. She said yes as long as there was enough room on the ship. It is capacity controlled. They can only hold so many people. Hope this helps.
Old May 5th, 2004, 11:13 AM
metfan747

Default Re: Re: Adding a person to a cabin

Keep in mind the room itself. Some rooms are just doubles. By this, I mean that there is no pull down bunk in the room. You may have to physically move to another room that has this pull down bunk.
Old May 5th, 2004, 01:18 PM
browezilla

Adding a 3rd person to a room is usually not a problem as long as the ship isn't at capacity. BTW: what online agency did you use?
Old May 5th, 2004, 05:58 PM
cricket55

Our 18 yr old son stayed in our room on Voyager. We had a balcony room with a sofa bed which he found comfortable enough. Surprisingly it was much cheaper for a 3rd person in a balcony room than an oceanview room. (around $250 balc compared to $500 OV). Also having the balcony helped with additional "living space" and provided him with a place to go while I was changing. Gosh, aren't our kids lucky getting to go on cruises....my parents sure never took me on a great trip like that!
Old May 6th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Jodi

One of our friends just added his daughters on Voyager for May 21 with no problem
Our TA called and it was as simple as that.

Good Luck & Happy Cruising! I really hope your son gets to go!!!
Old May 10th, 2004, 09:13 PM
Passenger

We booked a cabin for 3 on the Mariner for May 3 last Dec while sailing on the Grandeur. Cabin had space for 4. Called RCCL and booked my daughter 1 week before vessel sailed. They sent tickets overnight. Had them 3 days before we sailed.
Old May 11th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Yeoman

Stacy - lots of very good answers to your question! It really all does depend on whether your cabin for two is a triple or quad cabin that can accomodate another person. If it's just a double cabin, you'll have to change to another cabis that is a triple/quad cabin. Also, the ship's capacity control is a very important issue. These ships are only allowed to sail with a specific maximum number of passengers. If the ship is at capacity, they won't add any more passengers, even if the cabin can accomodate more than two passengers. Hope I haven't confused you, and hope all works out well for your family!
Old May 12th, 2004, 07:29 AM
Passenger

If its not possible, check into a guarantee inside cabin-- and move someone from the quad to there -- i think you might appreciate the extra room , ive usually found unless you get a great 3rd and 4th rate, its cheaper to get that extra inside cabin.