Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2004, 07:00 PM
LauriA

Default How early can you board the Adventure of the Seas?

My itinerary states that you can begin boarding at 4:00 and the ship leaves at 10:00. However, I am not sure what to do with my luggage after check-out from our hotel at noon. We may want to do some sight seeing in San Juan before we board, but I am not sure what to do with the luggage. Are the times set in stone for when you can board the ship. Will the hotel (Hilton Caribe) possibly allow us to extend our stay for a couple hours until we are able to board the ship? Any info on this? Thanks

Lauri
Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: How early can you board the Adventure of the Seas?

Hi Lauri,
You should be able to board around noon, so you can do that and then leave the ship to do some sightseeing. They will have their regular dinner, so try to get back in time for that.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:36 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M
Default Re: Re: How early can you board the Adventure of the Seas?

We, too, are going on AOS on July 11, and I had asked the same question on another travel message board and this is the answer I got........

" went on the AOS 4/4 . You can check your luggage and even go to see if cabin is ready, mine was and I was one of the first 12 that boarded. Then have lunch and then get off to tour San Juan. The ship doesn't leave until 10 so you have time as long as you have an early flight into Sju."

Also, regarding staying in your hotel a few hours later than check out: All you have to do is ask for a "late check-out" when you check-in. Depending on how many check-ins they are expecting the next day, most major hotels will give you until 1:00-2:00 (sometimes even 3:00). Its not a guarantee, but it never hurts to ask.
Also, for a small fee, (tips usually) a lot of major hotels will hold your luggage for you in a "holding area" after you check out.

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:14 PM
LauriA

Default Thanks for the response...

That is a great idea! I never thought of checking in and boarding and then leaving. I just assumed that once we boarded, that we stay on the ship. Thanks for the idea!

Lauri
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:17 PM
LauriA

Default Thank you for responding....

Thank you for confirming the fact that I could board and then leave the ship and explore a little bit of San Juan. I wasn't sure how that would work with the luggage and I didn't want to take the luggage with us sight seeing. That is nice to now that the hotel will hold the luggage as well. It is so nice to know that we have some options! Thanks for the info!

Lauri
Old May 6th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: How early can you board the Adventure of the Seas?

Lauri, We had the same experience last August on Adventure - an early flight into San Juan and arrived at the ship sometime around noon - we boarded immediately, checked into our roon, ate lunch the windjammer, went swimming at the pool (be sure to pack your swimsuit in your carry-on if you wish to do this, as your luggage may not be delivered to your room till later).