Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 5th, 2004, 10:23 PM
Passenger

Default Baltimore Port - Hotels

Any idea where the cruise ships dock in Baltimore. Any hotel suggestions for a pre-cruise stay?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Cocoa

Default Re: Baltimore Port - Hotels

The cruise ships have been docking at the Dundalk terminal. If you are from out of town, I would stay near the inner harbor and take a taxi to the port. Only a few miles and the inner harbor has a lot to do this time of year.
Old May 6th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to CruiseLuvr

I would agree... I live in the Baltimore area. I'm sailing on GOS May 31, 2004. If
you need some hotel names let me know.
Old May 7th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

Old May 7th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Baltimore Port - Hotels

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to reply. Any idea of the distance and approximate cost of a taxi from Airport in Baltimore to the Inner Harbor area? Is there a shuttle bus from the airport that drops you off at certain hotels? Hotel suggestions in that area would also be greatly appreciated. We like to be close to any major attractions. Thanks!
Old May 7th, 2004, 09:45 PM
cruiseprincess0162

We live in the Washington d.c. area and a ride from BWI to the Inner Harbor is about 20 min (when the traic is good). The have some very nice hotels in the inner harbor. If you have any questions about the area please feel free to email me.
Have fun!
Jenna
Old May 7th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to CruiseLuvr
Default Re: Re: Re: Baltimore Port - Hotels

Hi there buddy... Well, there's several options to get to downtown Baltimore. You can catch a shuttle to downtown Hotels. I think you might also be able to catch the Light Rail from BWI station near the International Terminal. There's a Sheraton Downtown and Hyatt, Marriott, Holiday Inn, Days Inn, and I think Raddison. There are alot more I'm sure but right off hand I don't remember the names.. You might want to try like Hotels.com and others. It's a holiday weekend so the cost might be up then. There's also alof of hotels near the Airport and there might be shuttles to the hotels from the airport and then either catch a cab from the hotel to the pier or back to the airport and catch one of the buses to the pier. I'm not sure.. there might be Super Shuttle from some of the hotels to the Pier that day. Since Monday may 31, 2004 is Memorial Day there might be a parade in downtown Baltimore that might cause some traffic problems also.. i can' check to see if there is a parade or not that day...

If you need any other information please feel free to email me.
Old May 8th, 2004, 08:01 PM
roseann

Hi How long do you want to stay in Baltimore. You can book a hotel near the airport and the next day take a car to the dock. you got to watch yourself at the inner harbor. they have an aqurium for 17.00 dollars. a science museum. to me i think the harbor is dying