Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2004, 10:29 AM
FL33139

Default So Disappointed....

Well finally after waiting for months to take my 7 day cruise with Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas (leaving sunday) I find out that it will RAIN the ENTIRE WEEK!

I am so disappointed and I know it will be dreary...I am SO HOPING FOR A MIRACLE and it turns sunny....agggh!
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2004, 10:46 AM
browezilla

Default Re: So Disappointed....

That's amazing if it will rain over that entire area for 7 days. Are you sure of that! Even so, there are plenty of indoor things to do, but boy, sure missing the sun that long won't be easy.
Old May 7th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

We had the same weather report 2 weeks ago, and we had beautiful weather the whole time. It did rain 2 nights, but by then we were cruising and having dinner. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Old May 8th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Tropical showers usually last a few minutes and then the skies clear..........these are not all day washouts at all. In fact they cool the air quite nicely for a few minutes and then the humidity sneaks back up again. And it usually rains just a little every day. Never had a caribbean cruise ruined because of rain. And you are not in hurricane season, so no worries there.

Old May 8th, 2004, 09:27 AM
hcat

Ditto--many weather reports are misleading--it may rain in the aftternoon & be sunny the rest of the day- My dtr went to St Thomas & the reports showed clouds & rain the entire time--she came back sunburn & all & had all sunny skies....-I am sure you will have some sun--but even so ,you will have fun no matter what --esp if you decide that badweather will not ruin your trip--maybe make it different but still fun!
Old May 8th, 2004, 10:41 AM
First Mate

Remember the weather reporters are only right 50% of the time :-) Its amazing how many times they have been wrong and their excuse the wind shifted. Enjoy your cruise, can't have a bad one.
Old May 8th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

We had a rather rainy cruise on the Explorer two years ago (in some of the ports, they said that they hadn't had any rain for months, until the day we arrived.) It didn't damper our spirits or interfere with our enjoyment at all. It didn't rain the entire day, so we scheduled our outdoor activities for those drier times. And we ducked into shops, or enjoyed the ship's activities when it rained. To be honest, after the first few brutally hot days, it was nice to have a few days break without that intense sun beating down on us and buring our skin or making us sweat. And, we saw some awesome natural weather events in the distance during the night - tropical lightening sotrm, water spouts - it was like being a storm chaser for the Weather Channel but in a safer and more controlled way.

Just go with the flow... Enjoy the sun when it is out, and enjoy the other activities when it is not. With the right attitude, you won't even notice the rain.

Post Edited (05-08-04 14:26)
Old May 8th, 2004, 08:50 PM
FL33139

Thanks for your posts everyone!! I just finished my luggage and I am looking forward to the start of my vacation...rain or no rain! yaay!!
Old May 9th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Valentina - your post brings back a lot of good memories! I was on the Island Princess 10 day Panama Canal cruise this past Oct/Nov and almost every night (especially when we were down in the deep Caribbean by Panama and Costa Rica) I watched lightning storms in the distance - what an awesome sight to see! Sitting on my balcony and watching the lightning in the distance was alone worth the extra price of the balcony!

Old May 10th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Yeoman

FL33139 - great attitude! You're going to have a wonderful cruise, and the weather will be better than you expected. I just got back from a week in Cancun on Saturday, and the forecast was for rain. It did rain for a couple of days, but had some light clouds and beautiful sun the rest of the time! You're going to have a great cruise, and an even greater time!