Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2004, 05:23 PM
LMW

Default Mariner May 30th who's going

Hi,

My husband and I are 26 and are going on the Mariner of the sea the may 30th sailing. Are there any other couples or fun individuals going on this sailing?

Lisa
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Mariner May 30th who's going

Hey Lisa!
I just booked the Mariner on May 30th. I'm traveling solo this time. This will be my 4th time on the Mariner this year. I love the ship. I'm not a couple, but I AM a fun individual.... If there's any questions I can answer, don't hesitate to ask. I'm excited...it's only 2 weeks away!
Old May 17th, 2004, 05:35 PM
LMW

Default Re: Re: Mariner May 30th who's going

Hay,

Thank you for responding, for a while there I thought no one else was going on the May 30 Mariner cruise. Actually I have a few questions: Do you know if there is a chocolate buffet on this cruise? What do you think are good nights to try the specialty restaurant? Any other info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Lisa
Old May 18th, 2004, 01:52 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Mariner May 30th who's going

Sorry to tell you there is NO chocolate buffet on this cruise. However, there are plenty of sweet things to sink your teeth into. I think Thursday night is a pretty good night to try one of the specialty restaurants. The first formal night the food in the main dining room is very good. The second formal night it is good if you like lobster. If you would rather not do the formal nights or just want to do one of them, then you may want to do Chops or Portifino on one of those nights. Any other questions, let me know. I've met some other people from different board online who are going on the Mariner on May 30th and some of them are going to get together at the Schooner Bar on the ship around 3pm just after we leave Nassau. Stop by if you guys want to meet some of them.
Old May 18th, 2004, 02:23 PM
LMW

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Mariner May 30th who's going

thank you so much for the invite. Richard and I will see you then

Thank you for being so helpful

Lisa
Old May 18th, 2004, 06:45 PM
WHP

When did you go on the ship? I have read a lot about it being rough riding - is this so? Maybe we can meet - 10 of us going!
Old May 18th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Passenger

In all honesty, I have noticed more "movement" on the Mariner than I have on any of the other Voyager Class ships. I was on in Feb., Apr., and once so far in May. Each time, there has been quite a bit of movement. However, it has been really windy each time. I'm not sure what is causing the movement, but it sure doesn't bother me. I just love being on the ship! Would love to meet up with you guys if you want. I told Lisa that the Schooner Bar is where some other people are meeting around 3pm just after we leave Nassau. I'm going to plan on being there unless I'm busy elsewhere. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with you all. What seating do you all have for dinner? I have 2nd seating. Anything else, please feel free to ask. Less than 2 weeks to go!
Old May 19th, 2004, 02:47 PM
LMW

WHP,

I have not been on the ship yet but my husband and I are very excited to go. We are 26, and eager to meet new people on our cruise. How old are the people who are going in your group? (If you don't mind me asking

Lisa
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:21 PM
WOODY

Default Re: Mariner May 30th who's going

Lisa,
Mariner is great. Supposedly the movement is caused by the channel it leaves out of in Port Canaveral. Find Jorge the bartender, very entertaining and alot of fun. If you do locate him would u mind getting his email for me ?? tell him its for Mr. Bond, the cheap bastard.

HAve a great time,
Woody
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:52 PM
WHP

Thank you very much for the response - we're excited - but hope the movement is not so much that we'll be sick - that would be a bummer. Maybe we'll stop the bar.
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:53 PM
WHP

We're not young like ya'll - 6 of us range from 46 to 52, but we are still fun - the last 4 belong to the couples going with us - their children & friends - all 17.
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:56 PM
WHP

so does the movement get better after it gets out a little ways. thank you.
Old May 19th, 2004, 05:06 PM
LMW

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mariner May 30th who's going

WHP,

Sounds like you guys have enough people going to start your own private party....I hope we have the chance to meet you guys..you sound like a lot of fun.

I heard that the movement gets better after Nassau. and reentry is fine

I always buy those patches that go right behind your ear when I go on a cruise and they work wonderful. I've gotten car/sea sick in the past VERY easily and the patches help 100%
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:18 PM
WHP

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mariner May 30th who's going

Yeah we've got a big group - it is me, my husband, my brother, his wife, their boy, his girlfriend, their next door neighbors and friends of ours, their girl, and a girl friend of hers.

How many cruises ya'll been on - when & where - which patch do you buy - I had one on one time and it made it drowsy - very drowsy - thick tongue and everything - I have dramamine.

What seating do ya'll have for supper - and what deck or cabin you in if I can ask ? What do ya'll like to do on the cruises?

Maybe we can chat back a little before we go and then be able to meet on the ship.

Take care.

/whp
Old May 20th, 2004, 05:30 PM
LMW

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mariner May 30th who's going

Hello WHP,

My husband and I have been on four cruises...we try to go on one every year. Last year we went on the Voyager of the Sea, Western Carribian, and had a wonderful time. This is our first time on the Eastern route, but Richard and I have both been to the Bahmas before.

The patch I got I believe was called tranderment, you can only get it through a perscription through your doctor. I normally just call my doctors office and ask them to call in the sea sick patch to eckerds and they do. It works wonders for me with no side effects. I did try Bonine (I'm sure I spelled it wrong) and dramamine before and had the same side effects you did.

Richard and I have Late seating. We have an inside cabin on deck seven. We love staying active on cruises I have to admit we get a little addicted to Bingo. But I want to try more physical activities...but I have a feeling I'll end up eating, laying out in the sun, and playing Bingo. But I'm up for anything.

Feel free to e-mail me anytime so we can chat before our cruise (WHICH IS COMING UP VERY SHORTLY enigma78@tampabay.rr.com

Lisa