Old May 10th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Grandeur of the Seas Photos

I've posted online some of the pictures from our April 24th Grandeur cruise. The gallery includes pictures of the ship and the three ports of call ( Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Costa Maya ). The url address to the photos is http://www.cruise-addicts.com/pictur...w.php?uid=2286

Post Edited (05-10-04 21:31)

Grandeur of the Seas
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:45 PM
CruisingJames'

Default Re: Grandeur of the Seas Photos

GREAT pictures! What type of cabin did you have? Do you know anything about the mini suites that are aft-facing?
And, how did you get so many pictures with no people? Great shots! We sail on her in November on that same cruise.
Thanks for sharing.
Old May 10th, 2004, 11:48 PM
CruisingJames'

Oh, and, how is the shopping in Costa Maya...any silver shops? Do you dock or anchor at Costa Maya (pier or tender?).

Thanks, again!
Old May 11th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

We had an oceanview cabin on deck 4 so I can't tell you anything about the aft-facing suites. The trick to getting all those shots around the ship without others getting in front of your camera is to get up early. At home I'm usually up by 5am so it's hard for me to sleep much later than that even when I'm on a cruise. I would go off on my picture-taking adventure while my wife and most other passengers were still sleeping soundly. It was almost like having the ship all to myself. You dock at the pier in Costa Maya; Grand Cayman is the only place where you'll anchor offshore and tender in. We enjoyed shopping shopping at the pier complex in Costa Maya prior to our trip to Majahual (the nearby fishing village). We did not buy any silver but got a good deal on diamond/gold jewelry at the Touch of Gold branch there. We also bought other trinkets like wind chimes, t-shirts, magnets, perfume, etc. You'll have a great time on the Grandeur!

Grandeur of the Seas
Old May 11th, 2004, 11:29 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the Pic's. Im sailing the grandeur next week, 5/21/04 out of Baltimore.
Can't wait
Old May 12th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Betsy Ski

Thanks for the pix--I start work there in June!!!
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:03 PM
minpa

We are thinking of GOS for our next cruise. Do you have any cabin pics? Know where any are posted?

Thanks!
Old May 12th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

I think you'll love working on the Grandeur Betsy Ski. I wouldn't mind working there myself! We met two young ladies in Grand Cayman that are currently assigned to the Century ( Celebrity Cruise Lines, also owned by Royal Caribbean ) and were assigned to the Grandeur previously. They both said hands down the Grandeur was a better place to work and they wished they were back on the Grandeur. They said their fellow crewmen on the Grandeur were friendlier and there were more things to do on their free time than on the Century. Every member of the staff that I talked to last month seemed very happy to be there and many said so.

Mimpa, the only cabin pictures I have are of our Category F cabin on deck 4. E-mail me if you're interested in seeing those and I'll send them to you.

Grandeur of the Seas
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Erin_Cruisers
Default Re: Re: Grandeur of the Seas Photos

Nice shots! Very nice.
If you don't mind I think I will change my desktop wallpaper on my computer to one of your pics of the Grandeur.
I had found another one last month but it's not as nice as yours.
Regards,
Glenn

Old May 13th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the compliment Erin Cruisers. I don't mind at all if you use any of my pictures for your desktop wallpaper. One of my favorites for this purpose is the one of the Grandeur in Cozumel as seen from Senor Frogs, with the tables and umbrellas in the foreground and the Granduer in the background. Which one was your favorite?

Grandeur of the Seas
Old May 14th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Erin_Cruisers
Default Re: Re: Grandeur of the Seas Photos

Yes, that is the one that I'm using as my wallpaper, because it shows the length view of the ship, plus I can see our cabin ! ! !
I think my faovorite however is the shot of the bow of the ship looming overhead!