Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2004, 11:46 AM
Passenger

Default cabin decorations

Has anyone paid for the birthday cabin decorations and cake? Its like 30.00 for them to do this with a small cake. It will be my sons bday and I was wondering if this is worth it or not. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: cabin decorations

I've never used their packages but that seems pretty expensive. They give you a birthday cake in the diningroom free if you let them know ahead. You could bring your own decorations for the cabin.
Norma
Old May 11th, 2004, 02:39 PM
First Mate

From what I understand they no longer give out free cakes in the dining room. It was my husband's birthday when we sailed on the Navigator in January. When I went to see our head waiter about a birthday cake she told me I was supposed to let my travel agent request it. Of course she did get a cake for us, as usual RCI always tries to accomodate you. She also said there was a charge (I think it was $10) but it never showed up on our account. I would request a cake and bring my own decorations.
Old May 11th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: cabin decorations

Just got back from Navigator May 1 - 8th. My birthday was May 7th. My husband told our waiter at the beginning of the week he wanted a cake for Friday. It was $7.95, charged to our sea pass account. It was fun, our waiters came and sang to me. Also, friends of ours had our room decorated with bon voyage (as a surprise), room service delivered the cake just after we set sail. It cost them around $30 but I must say it made us happy when we saw the room all decorated, then when the cake came with the note from our friends it made it so special.

Explorer of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Old May 14th, 2004, 11:14 PM
spyder

I just returned, and had the rooms decorated... we had three rooms, all decorated... and I reccomend it, it was nice having the banners hanging, and the cake with the personalized greeting was great! well worth the 30.00 (and I'm not rich) well worth it, we also did a bon voyage theme in friends room, I was very pleased, as they too were surprised!
Old May 15th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

One person we re traveling with will be celebrating her birthday the day we board so I have been thinking of getting their stateroom decorated for that, then just because it sounded nice I was think of doing the romance package for my husband and I, is it worth 99$ to do that one? I am defintely going for the birthday just still debating on the romance.
Old May 15th, 2004, 07:00 PM
EM

Sailed last month, 4-17-04, happened to also me my daughters 17th birthday, did the happy b day decorations for her cabin. What a big smile she had on her face when she realized it was her cabin door all decorated up. A cake was waiting inside much to her delight. So worth the $, they do a great job with balloons, and streamers. With four children, 2 in each cabin, I also ordered decorations for the other room. On the second night someone, likely some other children, stole the decorations on their cabin doors. I would suggest moving the big flower decoration to the inside of the cabin.
On another sail, without children, I did the romance package. We both enjoyed the extra treats. Certainly added a nice touch, I will do it again on next sail in August.
Old May 15th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Mark&Deb

On my bday one of the couples @ the table gave me a card & I had it sitting there. Our waiter picked it up & saw it & then later the matre'd & several waiters came with a cake - dimmed the lights & sang happy bday. One of the couples it was their 25th anniv & they got the package for their cabin - wine, strawberries, etc & they enjoyed.

Mark&Deb
Old May 17th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Passenger

When do they decorate the cabin? His bbady is the last day of the cruise maybe I should ask them to do it thurs so he could enjoy it for another day.