Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Carissa

Default St. Lucia Excursion

My husband and I are traveling on the AOS in June. We are thinking of taking the Soody Nature Hike through Royal Carribean. Has anyone been on this excursion before? How strenuous is it and how long is the hike? Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: St. Lucia Excursion

Hi, Carissa.! I don't know anything about this excursion, but I can tell you about St. Lucia, since I've been there several times. St. Lucia is beautiful, but it is very hilly and mountainous, with narrow, twisty, up-and-down roads.
There are clouds that always hover over the mountains, which get a lot of rain. A few years ago, we had a taxi driver take us to the start of a trail up to a rain forest area. It took hours to hike up there and back, and it was very humid (TAKE WATER!) It was really very physically exerting and exhausting, but I don't think this excursion will be that strenuous, being a cruise excursion. When we finally hiked back down, we were very nearly dead (no kidding!!), and huffing and puffing. St. Lucia has acres and acres of banana plantations, which we saw too many of, but still - it's a beautiful island! Very volcanic, and has a "drive-up" (dead) volcano - Soufriere. It was French for many years (hence the French names of towns and beaches), but is now British. It's interesting that Barbados - east of St. Lucia - is flat as a pancake. And also very British. Driving on the left side is the standard. Check out the strenuous nature of this excursion of this tour before you book it, and realize that St. Lucia in June is extremely hot and humid, as it's so far south. Hope this helps!
Old May 13th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Carissa

Thank you so much for your all information!! I think we might look for another excursion.
Old May 13th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Yeoman

Best of luck, and I know that you'll think St. Lucia is as beautiful and exotic as I do! You will love it!!
Old May 13th, 2004, 08:43 PM
browezilla

The catamaran rides to the Pitons is very beautiful. One of the best views in the Caribbean, but it is a very long excursion (7 hours).
Old May 14th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Yeoman

I did that excursion years ago, and I think it's probably one of the best excursions for St. Lucia!