Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Donna Jean

Default Towels for pool??

Hi there! My husband and 2 teenagers will be on the Mariner May 30th cruise....our first! I was wondering if they have towels at the pool area. Thanks a bunch!
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Towels for pool??

We were on the Navigator, they leave the pool towels in your room and you are responsible for them. They will charge you $20 if you lose it. Also, they will replace with clean towels anytime you want.

Explorer of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Old May 16th, 2004, 12:05 PM
kvr

RCI stopped having towels by the pool. So if your out by the pool and want to sit down on a lounge chair and dont want to get your clothes dirty from someones sun screen, you will have to do down to your room and get your pool towels to use on the chair, when your done, you will have to go down to your room and return your towels so you wont get their 20 charge. I told our room steward that we did not like their new towel policy and we like to swim a night, he did leave us with a large stack of pool towels and told us he does not enforece the 20 charge so not to worry about it. But its still back and forth, back and forth.

It was great when they used to leave towels by the pool. It was sooooooooo much more convienent, and really added to a relaxing vacation. Now its one more hastle to have to deal with.

You can do a towel exchange during the day by the pool if your towel is wet and you want another one.
Old May 16th, 2004, 02:48 PM
MAGIC

Default Re: Re: Towels for pool??

Just back from AOS on May 12th
They had towels by the pool, however they wanted to exchage your old towel, if you left in room, no problem just give your room # and they marked it down and you just needed to make sure you turned towel back in . Hours was 8 am- 6pm for this, otherwise you better bring your towel from your room.

Magic
Old May 17th, 2004, 08:02 AM
CF

I agree that the Mariner pool towel policy was annoying. Our steward was also good about replacing the pool towel whenever we needed it and did not charge us the $20 fee when someone stole our towel off our chair. The annoying part of this was that I had no towel and had no place to get one. I think the AOS policy is better. At least you can get a towel if you need one.