Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hotel Suggestions?

We need a hotel room for a Friday night, leaving the Port of Miami on a Saturday. We aren't traveling until next April, but would like to book the motel now, seeing as it is Spring Break. Any suggestions? We need shuttle service to the motel from Miami airport, then will need to get to the Port of Miami on Saturday.
Please don't suggest anything too pricey-We'd like to stay around $100.
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2004, 10:51 AM
ESS

Default Re: Hotel Suggestions?

Greetings

We took a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale, but as we had frequent flier miles, we had to fly into Miami, arriving in the late evening the day before our cruise left. We stayed at a hotel near the airport - which was OK but nothing special.

As of that time, I have become a big fan of www.hotwire.com. I have discovered that the cost of their hotels are much cheaper than what not only the hotels offer, but even sites such as Hotels.com. We have used their services with no problems. As I recall, Hotwire has many choices within the Miami area that will meet your cost requirements.

After our cruise, we had most of the afternoon before our flight continued on to Europe. We discovered public transportation departed right from the airport to most areas in Miami. We took one bus from the airport to Miami beach, where we toured most of the day. Thus if you are not too loaded down with luggage, and you arrive during the day, you may even be able to reach your hotel destination by use of public transportation. If we do a cruise that leaves Miami, we now know that we can book a hotel with Hotwire in Miami beach, and reach it easily with public transportation.

Good luck and have fun.

ESS
Old May 20th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Lin,
You may want to consider using Priceline for your Miami hotel. Used it for the first time earlier this year and bid $50 for a 3 star Downtown Miami and ended up with the Radisson. We just took a cab from the airport to the hotel. They didn't have an airport shuttle, but you could get a shuttle to the pier the following morning, we again just grabbed at cab, it was under $20 to the pier.

You may enjoy reading Kuki's article on Priceline:

Kuki's Priceline article

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 21st, 2004, 02:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just stayed at the Holiday Inn Port Of Miami.Very nice hotel cost $21.00 for 5 Adults in a taxi to get there then just $8.00 to the port the next day.So much to do just across the street.Bayside Market has everything.Any Question's feel free to email me.
Old May 21st, 2004, 03:36 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Hotel Suggestions?

Brent, was the hotel clean and modern, and do they provide shuttle service from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port?

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old May 22nd, 2004, 07:03 AM
Admiral

We also used Priceline for our hotel stay in Miami.....got the Hyatt Regency which was so close to the port we had a room overlooking the port in the distance.....very nice and it was 45.00 for the night. There was ALOT Of cruise passengers staying there too cause when we left (we drove and had our own car) they all had taxis to get them to the port. The port was right there around the corner so it wasn't far. I do not know if they offer a shuttle service or not but you can always call and ask.

Old May 24th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Passenger

We are staying at the Sleep Inn near the Miami airport. Free shuttle from the airport....very new..only 2 yrs old...shuttle to Port of Miami is $8.00/pp...and it is near restaurants and is located on a golf course. I know lots of people do the Priceline thing but I didn't want to mess with cabs with all our luggage..there will be 6 of us. We found the Sleep Inn for only $55.00 on an independant reservation website and decided it was such a good price that the shuttle fee wasn't bad. Plus we like the "new" idea....last year we stayed at one of the Days Inns with a free shuttle to the Port...and it was old and not very nice. I hope this helps.
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Melissa Pasquantonio

Default Re: Re: Hotel Suggestions?

Do not stay at the Clarion near the port, they are awful!!
Old May 25th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Passenger

I also am sold on Priceline -- In fact, I dont book a hotel anymore unless I get turned down from priceline -- which is pretty rare. You can get a nice hotel at the same rate or cheaper than budget hotels in the same area. YOu do NOT get treated any differently as any other paying hotel guest -- and you do not get the "worst" room in the house.

You do need to use some strategies --

please read biddingfortravel.com first for tips on how to bid .
Old May 28th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for all the replys everyone! How far in advance can you try Priceline? We aren't vacationing until next year for Spring Break.
Last year we stayed at Fairfield Inn South. This was attached to the Marriott. The nice thing about this hotel was they had a very nice "deluxe" continental breakfast by the pool (free breakfast). Their price is $99.00 for the 4 of us. Has anyone else ever stayed there, and can you tell me how you would compare it to the "Priceline" hotels everyone talks about near the port?
Old May 29th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Dan p

Stay away from the Ramada Inn on Collins ave.We stayed there in April and it was BAD.
Old May 30th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Yeoman

Lin:
I would suggest you try priceline. We stayed twice at the Holiday Inn in Miami, right across from the port and Bayside Marketplace. I booked through their won website, and paid $100. per night. However, you can get the Radison, Hyatt, or Holiday Inn through priceline for about 1/2 the cost. I wish I had known about priceline before. They are all very close to the port. Not sure which ones have a shuttle to the port. The cost of the Taxi is $20 from the airport and $8.00 to the port from the hotels. There is alot to do at Bayside Market. It is worth the money to do priceline, pay for the taxi's and and arrive about 11:00AM at the pier to get on the ship to enjoy your first full day on the ship before you even leave port. This way, you are not so tired from a very lone flight that same morning.

Have a great cruise!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old June 1st, 2004, 12:44 PM
Familiar Face

We stayed at the InterContinental across the bay from the port and LOVED it. The price isn't too bad, about $130/night. It's also close to a shopping/eating area with lots to do including Hard Rock Cafe. Cab fare to the port isn't that bad either. I think it was about $15 for the four of us and they drop you off close real close to the entrance so little walking with lots of bags.

Good luck!