Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2004, 09:58 AM
Passenger

Default tipping

I'm wondering about tipping. I recently just paid for it all so it's all paid for. Will the people who serve me know that, i think if they don't i'd feel really stupid not tipping them. Just wondering if they'll know it's already paid for? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 21st, 2004, 10:19 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: tipping

Tipping isn't done until the last night anyway. And everyone has the option of having it added to their sail & sign card so not everyone gives an envelope to their waiter, room steward, etc. One thing you can do, is if you have extraordinary service, reward them at the end of the cruise with a little something extra. They all work very hard to take very good care of us and cater to us on our cruises.

Fortunately, I have not had any problems with any of the crew so far on 5 cruises. Hope it continues this way!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old May 21st, 2004, 10:29 AM
Passenger

Thanks!!!
Old May 21st, 2004, 12:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm confused by what you mean it is all paid for? Usually, if tips are prepaid it is on your shipboard account. Have they changed that so tips can be paid ahead of boarding. If so, what line are you going on?
Norma
Old May 21st, 2004, 02:25 PM
Passenger

I'm not exactly sure, good question. I e-mailed my TA and I will let you know as soon as i know. I'm going on RCCL, Sovereign of the Seas.
Old May 21st, 2004, 03:33 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: tipping

The last time we sailed, we put the tips on our shipboard account a couple of days prior to the end of the cruise.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old May 22nd, 2004, 10:22 AM
Angela1

In the UK we can have tips included in the cost of the holiday so when we board we do not have to worry about it.
Old May 22nd, 2004, 10:39 AM
Kim George

On the Brilliance we prepaid and were given vouchers to give to our servers, etc. the last night.
Old May 22nd, 2004, 04:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

Does anyone know how to tip in Windjammer? We eat more buffet style as I have veggie adult and a VERY picky child with us?
Old May 22nd, 2004, 06:40 PM
Captain

Default Re: Re: tipping

I have never seen any way to tip in the Windjammer. Except for the guy or girl that does your omlette, or carves your ham/roast beef, or serves you coffee, it's all self service. I guess you could leave something on your table when you leave, but there's no guarantee that it would be shared among the rest of the staff. It's a very good question, although I've never given tipping in the Windjammer a thought before you asked the question. Now you're making me feel guilty.......

Old May 22nd, 2004, 08:27 PM
Passenger

I just "pre-paid" my tips today on my June 26th cruise. I'm sailing RCCL and they said that I will receive vouchers to place in the tip envelopes. I always tip more than the recommended amout (that's because I have always received excellent service) so I plan on bringing a little extra cash to put in the envelopes with the vouchers. My reason for pre-paying is not having to fool with "extra" cash and or traveler's checks. Besides, by paying before going I won't have to pay the credit card bill when I get home. I also contacted RCCL Special Occations Dept. and gave myself a gift of $500 onboard credit. I have done that over a period of 10 months. I think it's an awesome way to budget for my cruise. With both the tips and the onboard account set up, all I have to do is show up and have a great time!

Darlene