Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Passenger

Default RCCL Shareholders Question

We are very interested in aquiring shares in RCCL and taking advantage of the ship board credits however, we are confused about the wording in the official letter from Royal Caribbean found in the attachment Norm sent previously.

In the first part of the letter the third paragraph states" take advantage of this benefit as many times as you like each and every time you set sail".

Yet later in the section below the outlined ship board credits, it states that "reservations must be booked no later than May 1, 2005".

First I thought that's great, as long as we are shareholders of at least 1,000 sgares we get this perk each and every time we cruise with RCCL or Celebrity but now I think it's for a limited time. (We happen to have 2 cruises booked at this time).

So is this offer limited?

Am I incorrect in my assumption that this letter contradicts itself?

Of course I'd like to be told that this perk is for the lifetime of ownership of the shares.

Can anyone who has experience with this clear up my confusion about this?

Thanks in advance,
Georgina
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: RCCL Shareholders Question

I had to call to get the information, but the program would of been over, but they said they extended it through this year. I did send in my proof of ownership and the form I got from their web-site. We did notice that earlier this year, our credit didn't show up right away, it was later the first night when we checked our onboard account and it was there. I would go ahead and get the form and make copies of proof of ownership and either fax or send it in.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: RCCL Shareholders Question

I understand the requirements outlined on the form, it's the limited time that the offer is made till that is contradictory on the form.

That is what I'm trying to get cleared up.

Thanks,
Georgina
Old May 26th, 2004, 02:14 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

Georgina,

Call RCI direct and request information on "Investors relations". If you feel it is a contradiction, ask!! And don't settle for some 15 year old that goes "DUH".

The other item is send in the necessary form and proof of stocks and wait 4 to 6 weeks then call RCI and give them the booking # and see if there is a ship board credit to your sailings.
Your TA will also have the ship board credit in their system but it takes longer. That is if the TA is worth a grain of salt.

The other item is to always send the information either FedEx or registered mail for a return receipt to ensure delivery.

The original cut off was March 31, 2004 to have a cruise booked and then extended to the end of May 2004.
As Donna commented it looks as if it will carry through to the end of the year, ask RCI direct. Posting here on the message boards is a start, but it is your money. Follow up with RCI.
The investors shipboard credit is good for RCI and Celebrity.

We have used it for many cruises and had a great return in shipboard credit. Let alone the stock doubled since investment.
”Where is my Diamond” - Princess CruiseMates fun with Y2C and wife
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...iamond2005.cfm

Constellation Sept 7, 2004

CruiseMates cruise Diamond Princess April 9, 2005

Post Edited (05-26-04 02:17)

Old May 26th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Passenger

My copy says the end of may 2005 -- not 2004-- am i missing something ? why is anyone concerned about it right now?

so you have a year to make your reservations -- and its reservations not sail date -- right?
Old May 26th, 2004, 10:12 AM
Passenger

Thanks Y2C,
I have called RCL only to be put on hold numerous times, then I e-mailed the shareholders email number and am still waiting for a rep;y from that area.
I'll try calling again but I thought I'd get information here on the board in the meantime.

Thanks to everyone for trying to help,
Georgina
Old May 26th, 2004, 03:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

It is valid through 2005 and is decided every year so there is no guarantee it will last forever. Nothing does but if you are only buying the 100 shares for the benefit & they cancel it, you can sell your shares. I have received dividends & credits so the purchase works for me.
Norma
Old May 27th, 2004, 07:41 AM
glo1196

How many shares do you have to buy? and how much are they? Isd it worth it?
Old May 27th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

You need a minimum of 100 shares. Cost varies -check the stock market quotes. I have found it pays. Again, it's an individual choice. Investments should be discussed with a financial advisor or stock broker. I'm no expert.
Norma
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Happy Camper

They renew it (or not) each year. So you will get a new form each year they send you the perspective (booklet to people who own the stock). Carnival does this too and have renewed it each year for many years. They started it first. Carnival has stopped putting it in their perspective booklet but I called and they had no problem giving me the $100 on board credit. RCL will probably keep renewing it too but no guarantee. By the way the rules years ago on Carnival were for one cruise a year. RCL may be different or the rules may have changed but I'd call investor relations and ask. Or call RCL reservations and they will put you through to the desk that deals with giving the ship board credits and they can tell you how many times a year you can use it. The stock on both cruise lines has done well and has been worth having even without the onboard credits... Debbie
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Yes, you need to purchase 100 shares, now they are just under $40.00 per share. I think the discount is worth it, even if you cruise once a year.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 30th, 2004, 11:04 AM
JohnH

I just bought 100 shares last week since we are booked on three RCCL/Celebrity cruises between now and Thanksgiving. This should give me an immediate 10% return on my investment since I will get $50 back on one trip, $100 on another, and $250 back on the 14 day cruise..