Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2004, 07:31 PM
First Mate

Default soda cards

Soes anyone know How much are soda cards on royal carribean for kids and adults? Also are 'Shirley Temple's" included ? Also why do they call them Juice/ soda cards? Is juice not included with the fare? Like oj with breakfast? How much are individual sodas? Just want all the info to do the math. Thanks ahead for the info.
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2004, 10:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: soda cards

From what I've heard, soda cards are $6 per day for adults and $4 for children plus 15% gratuity (and plus tax if you buy the card before you leave port). You have to pay for all the days of the cruise--you can't purchase it on a daily basis. I don't believe "Shirley Temple's" are included.

Juice is available in the Windjammer and possibly the dining room at breakfast, but not at other times, thus the soda/juice card. I believe individual sodas are either $1.75 or $1.95.
Old May 31st, 2004, 07:53 AM
Yeoman

On our last RC cruise in March, we took about a dozen bottles of water and a few bottles of our own pop, (20 or 24 oz bottles work best). The room steward kept them on ice for us each day in our ice bucket. The cruise lines will let you bring on some pop yourselt. I like Mt. dew and pepsi/vanilla, which they don't serve on the ships. They only serve coke products. I had them in my carry ons, and they never questioned them through the x-ray scanners.

I'm not trying to be cheap, just I don't care for coke products, don't drink coffee or tea, and have to have my caffeine fix from the mt. dew.

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old May 31st, 2004, 04:37 PM
Asealady

Last day on VOS, waiting to get off ship, they will not take the soda card. They want a credit card to pay for soda. Thought that was tacking of them, you have to wait so long to get off. Should be good till the second you leave the ship. You certainly pay enough for it.