Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2004, 06:38 PM
CWolsten

Default Navigator of the Seas

Just back from NOS, Eastern Caribbean, will answer any questions.
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2004, 07:03 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Navigator of the Seas

We are looking at NOS for western caribbean in May/05. What type of cabin did you have, and how roomy was it? We were on Explorer last May/03, and had an inside room on deck 9. Do you know if they are the same size? Are you writing a review? Thanks for your help!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old May 31st, 2004, 10:12 PM
Passenger

Hi-

We are looking at that same ship/same itinerary for Sept. We were in St. Thomas last year on a Celebrity cruise and booked an excursion that was a Sea Turtle Sail and Snorkel. It was wonderful. The company operating the tour was called Doubloon. Do you know if RCI offers this same excursion?
Thanks

-Dana
Old June 1st, 2004, 10:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

any information would be welcome! This will be our first cruise, we will be sailing on Navigator to Eastern Caribbean on July 17th.
Old June 1st, 2004, 10:57 AM
Passenger

we are sailing 6-12-04 10 days away! What do I need to know? 9th deck d1 cabin.Thanks
Old June 1st, 2004, 04:54 PM
CWolsten

Default Re: Re: Navigator of the Seas

We did not book any shore excursions on St. Thomas. A list of excursions can be found on their web site.
Old June 1st, 2004, 05:17 PM
CWolsten

You need to know that you will have an amazing time !! Be more specific with questions and I will answer. There is too much to write !!I am already booking next year. Check in was very easy. We were on the boat by 12 noon. Rooms were ready by 2pm. One thing be careful what you pack ( nothing breakable) suitcases were being flung down the stairs ( I wasn't suppose to see that) The shows and food great !
Old June 2nd, 2004, 10:45 AM
Passenger

did you have any kids with you? my boys are really interested in the bball court,and if they can play anytime.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 05:25 PM
CWolsten

We did not have any children with us. The last day of the cruise we were told that there were 364 kids on board and I almost fell on the floor.! We did see children and teens here and there, but not that many. They say the ship has an amazing childrens program all I saw were little ones. My husband and I spent alot of time on the sports deck ( some great views) and we saw a bunch of older teens ( mostly guys) playing basketball alot !! Seemed there was always a pick up game. I checked my cruise compass but I only have the full compass from day 1 & 7, BB courts were open 1/2 day on day 1, 2pm - 7pm and day 7 from 9am - 2 pm, so I don't know what the times were for all the other days.Inline skating open daily, rock climbing had different posting times ( I thinks because they need staff there), swimming pools 24 hrs. Dunes golf 24 hrs. They have a great game arcade but it is $$$ .75, 1.00, 1.25, 1.75 and up per game! There is so much to do on this ship, I kick myself that I had never taken my teens.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:59 PM
Passenger

Great Thanks a lot!! I have 2 teenagers and that is where they will spend a lot of time!! I am a little disapointed that they charge for Johnny Rockets but what can you do kids love burgers and shakes!
Old June 3rd, 2004, 09:30 AM
Passenger

One more question sorry , how many times is a jacket required for men? I know 2 formal nights but is there another? Thanks
Old June 4th, 2004, 06:02 AM
CWolsten

This might upset some people because I know the there are many opinions about what people consider formal. Having said that I'll let you know that both myself and my husband packed for this cruise using only carry on bags and it took alot of planning as to what to pack. Suits just take up so much space !! My husband brought two beautiful linen shirts that he wore with kakhi pants and a nice pair of leather shoes. He looked dressed, relaxed, and comfortable. He was the envy of the other men at our table ( whom he had never met ) One of the men shopped on the islands for the same thing and wore one to the next formal night ! To answer your question there are 2 formal nights. In my opinion the people at the 2nd seating seem to be more dressed (tuxedos) than the first. We were at the first.
Old June 4th, 2004, 09:06 AM
FL33139

For formal night, I just take 1 black suit , a white shirt ,a light blue shirt with 2 different ties I look very well dressed and I dont have the hastle of taking 2 different suits, belts and shoes. Is just easy. I find a tux too uncomfortable.
Old June 7th, 2004, 11:25 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to moze401

Yeah you can book snorkeling excursions on board at Seatrek next to the pool

Old June 27th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Steven Piper

Hi,
Myself, wife Becky and twins Megan and Mallory will be on the Navigator the 17th.
We'll be staying at the Sheraton Yankee Cliper in Ft. LAuderdale before hand.
Generally we stay i Lauderdale before we cruise. Then we take a shuttle to the Miami Port.
We have never been on the NAvigator, but have cruised many times. We love the RCI Big Ships, they spoil you!
I always join the cruise critic croud, and recieve a free party get together. It's always nice to make friends before , so you can share the enjoyment.
Pretty excited!!

Steven Piper
Old June 27th, 2004, 10:54 PM
Passenger

There were 300 kids on the Navigator 12/13/03, but it didn't seem like it. I saw a few teenagers and some babies in strollers. I met one mother in Cozumel and she said that the children program was great! It made me a little envious, I had a kid or two to enjoy the cruising experience with. But, I don't think that is going to happen anytime soon.

Past Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas 12/13/2003
Mardi Gras 5/31/1990