Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2004, 05:23 PM
kkars

Default getting off of ship the last day

this is going to be our first cruise. Could anyone tell me how long it takes to get off the ship the last day. This is important because we are being picked up and I need to give an idea of the pick up time.
We are going on Graduer of the sea and the port is in Baltimore.
Thanks for any help,
KKARS
Sponsored Links
Old June 5th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Melanie H

Default Re: getting off of ship the last day

I think it always different sometimes u can get off the ship fast and some times it could take and hour or longer. It also depends on what color they give you. and when your color tag is called
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:50 AM
TootsieBell

No one is allowed off of the ship until the ship has cleared customs. After that, you are called by the color of your luggage tag. The best thing to do if the people who are picking you up live in the Baltimore area, is to be in touch by cell phone when the ship docks.
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Captain

Go to Guest Relations when you board and tell them you have an early flight when you get back to port. They should put you in one of the first groups to leave the ship.

Old June 6th, 2004, 05:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

kkars --

Can you call the people who will be picking you up when you know what time you will clear customs? If it were me, I'd rather wait for them, then have people doing me a favor wait for me.
Old June 7th, 2004, 05:01 AM
kkars

We are having a Limo service pick us up so I can't call them when we clear customs.
We dock at 9:00 am so I told them to pick us up at 11:00. I am just hoping that they don't have to wait long.
Old June 7th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Passenger

I just got off of Mariner yesterday. We had to be out of our rooms by 8am and sat around until 1015 till our color was called (we were about 2/3 thru the list). Customs/Border patrol went really quick...maybe 5 minutes. Getting baggage took maybe 10-15 minutes. Then we had to wait to be picked up. Hitched a ride with another carrier running past our hotel and were loaded up by 1115 or so.

Be sure to fill out and turn in a departure form and they should put you in one of the first categories. People with flights and shore excursions get off first.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Old June 7th, 2004, 07:45 AM
browezilla

Typically those driving or that live close to the port are the last to debark unless you are a frequent repeat guest. I would guess by 11-11:30 you will have cleared customs, picked up your bags, etc.
Old June 7th, 2004, 01:22 PM
hcat

What if you don't have an early flight but something you have to get to on time later on the return date. Will they accomodate you? We will be getting off in NYC & I hear it is a very mad scene but not quite as bad as Bayonne..
Old June 11th, 2004, 07:31 PM
Betty Boat

Default Re: Re: getting off of ship the last day

You cannot tell them you have an early flight unless you really do. I just got off the Grandeur and they tell you if you are flying you must go and show them your airline ticket. We had priority departure (Platinum members) and didn't get out of the port until 11:30.