Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Robert Huss

Default Sovereign Of The Seas Questions

I'm on the Sovereign Of The Seas next weekend! (6/11/04 - 3 night Bahamas)

I have a few questions for everyone...

1. Does anyone have a copy of recent menus from on board?

2. Does anyone have a copy of the recent cruide compass from this sailing?

3. What gym activities are usually offered on board? Is there a charge?

4. We are currently hoping that we may be able to ask at the restaurant when we board for a table alone (just the two of us). Is this usually possible on board?

5. Does the Windjammer Cafe offer the same food at dinner as the main dining room? Are you able to sit alone there if you would like? (Do they have tables for two?)

6. Formal Night - On this ship, is just a dress shirt, pants and tie okay? It is a quick weekend getaway - we don't want to have to wear a tux.

7. Soda Cards - Are they available on this ship? Does anyone know the cost? Did you find it worth it?

I'd love to hear your comments - or anything else you can share about this ship.

We have a cabin on floor 6... it's above the showroom I think... is that a decent place, or should we be concerned?

Thanks!

Have a great day!

Robert
Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick
Default Re: Sovereign Of The Seas Questions

I can't answer all of your questions but heres some info. I'm 15 and I sailed on the Sovereign when I was 13 ( Febuary 2003). It was my first cruise and a beautiful ship.
4. There were tables for 2. I think you should be able to get one.
5. The food in the Windjammer was different then in the Dining Room. The food in the Dining Room is fancier. You can sit by yourself in the Windjammer ( my mom and I did).
6. A dress pants and tie are fine for Formal Night.
7. Soda Cards are available, and worth it. They were somewhere between $20-30, I think.
Our cabin was deck 6. We had no problems. The bathrooms are small, however. Great waiters and great cabin steward. If you see Orshy or Suraj in the Dining Room, tip well..because they are awesome. Same thing with Dimitar if he is your cabin steward.
Happy Sailing!

Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old June 8th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Passenger

Robert

Iíve taken the Sovereign several times (last trip was May í04) . Donít have the menus or the Compasses. The menu recently changed, nothing drastic for the few days

The usual is in the gym, treadmills get crowded in the morning. Deck 7 is great for a walk or jog, although there is a time listed to jog ( as you are jogging on the ďheadsĒ of those on deck 6)

I do not recall any tables for two in the dining room or the Windjammer. In the Windjammer, if you sit at a table for 4, most likely no one will join you.

Canít help you with the Windjammer dinner selection as we always eat dinner in the dining room.

For formal night, may I suggest at least a sport coat? You will not see many tuxes but I recall most men in jackets. Most recently, my husband switched to a sport coat rather than a suit for the 3 day.

Canít help you on the soda card.

Donít worry about the cabin. ALL ARE PAINFULLY SMALL. You wonít be in the room much and there is plenty of storage for the 3 days worth of things.

If youíve sailed other ships, remember that the Sovereign is a bit older with fewer amenities. We think it is a perfect ship for a quick get a way. Good service, especially the dining room staff.

Have fun
Marci

Old June 9th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Passenger

Robert

1. I also heard the menus have changed. Can't help you there.

2. You should be able to search WebShots for a recent compass.

3. Gym activities are about the same as other ships. I don't remember a charge.

4. The smallest table in the dining room is for four people. You chould ask for that; sometimes you dinner partners don't show up. It's really fun, though, to sit at a larger table.

5. The Windjammer does offer some of the same foods as the dining room, but the dining room is much more elegant. The Windjammer will offer more varieity. There again, the smallest table is for four, but you most likely won't be interrupted by other passengers.

6. Formal Night is formal night; same as on longer sailings. The cruise line suggests men either wear a tux or suit. I have seen men there with only dockers and a nice shirt, but it just doesn't seem fitting with others all dressed up. It's a lot of fun, and gives you an opportunity to really feel elegant. Dressing down on formal night only hurts the formal atmosphere.

7. Soda Cards are available for $6/person - they can be used on Coco Cay as well. My husband and I usually share a drink anyway, so we only buy one. The downside to that is only one of you can have soda in the dining room, but we normall drink tea or water with meals anyway. I have read posts stating that people have had a hard time getting sodas at all bars on the Sovereign, but I've never had a problem.

The Sovereign is a wonderful, lovely ship. Very graceful. The staff are the nicest I've ever seen, and are always will to help. The rooms are small, but that wasn't a problem for us. There's so much to do, we only bathed and slept there.

We are sailing the Sovereign on August 16 and will also be on Deck 6; never been there before. The only concern I have is that it is just beneath the running/walking track. Hopefully that won't be a problem.

Have a wonderful time, and post when you get back as to your thoughts on Deck 6.

We have a cabin on floor 6... it's above the showroom I think... is that a decent place, or should we be concerned?
--
Old June 12th, 2004, 10:06 AM
Passenger

i jsut fot back from her may 31st cruise. ive do have my compass ill scan them this afternoon. if you want them. not sure what to compare the menu to in the dinning room. they do have alternates that stay the same everynite. baked chicken breast ceasar salad baked potatoe. and one other thing. the food wasnt bad the definetly do the midnite buffet on tues and wed nite. wed nites is at the pool as we leave nassua. it had everything.

jenn