Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 7th, 2004, 09:05 PM
kkars

Default Are kids allowed a seapass?

Can anyone tell me if kids are allowed to be put on a seapass account. My teens are age 15 and 17 and I would like them to be able to purchase something without me.
Did anyone ever put their kids on their seapass account? As you can tell I'm new to this.
Sponsored Links
Old June 7th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Are kids allowed a seapass?

Have been on 3 cruises with my daughter who is a teen and they will receive their own card to use all week with their name on it and it can be billed to your account.
Old June 8th, 2004, 10:26 AM
trish1c

Be careful, the kids' limits may be the same as yours. I've heard / read horror stories about kids treating every kid in the arcade to games. The answers I read on various boards have been very vague on how you control that. Maybe someone else can help?
Old June 8th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

I'm 15 and have been on 2 cruises ( one with my mom on the Sovereign and 1 with both parents on the Navigator). On both cruises I was able to charge things to our account. On the Sovereign I think I only spent about $35 for 4 nights and about $150 on the Navigator for 7. My parents and I agreed that I would have to pay them back for whatever I purchased. This worked well, because I watched what I bought. Just talk to your kids before you go, set limits and trust that you raised them to be responsible.
Happy Sailing!

Adventure of the Seas 2/05
Serenade of the Seas 2/06
Monarch of the Seas 7/06
Liberty of the Seas 8/07
Majesty of the Seas 5/08
Old June 8th, 2004, 08:50 PM
banderboo

I have always allowed my two teens to make purchases on their sea pass. We discussed before hand the amount that they could charge with the understanding that anything over that amount would be their responsibility. The two girls combined spent less than $100 on their sea pass account for the 7 day cruise. We did purchase them a soda card as soon as we boarded so we didn't have to worry about that expense.
Old June 10th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Dad Son team

The charging to the seapass card is automatic. You can disable it if you request. You can also check you current charges in your cabin on the tv. You might want to do this each night to be sure that they are not going crazy before it is too late.