Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2004, 09:30 PM
Beginner

Default Bus Transfers in Miami?

Does Royal Carribean provide bus transfers between the cruise port and airport in Miami? If so, can these be booked after arrival at the airport or is advance booking required?

We're sailing on the Navigator on June 19. We're RCL regulars, but this will our first cruise out of Miami.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2004, 07:26 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Bus Transfers in Miami?

I think you have to book it in advance (at least I would to cover myself). Its the way to go. When you get through the security area there will be people waiting with RCI signs. Just tell them youre sailing with them and theyll tell you what to do (get your luggage and find a rep at baggage). I was much smoother than at Ft Lauderdale (I will never sail out of there again). We did have to wait for a short time while everyone got on board (a large group either lost luggage or was delayed-kind of a pain but oh well). It was about a 10-15 minute run to the port where they unloaded us right in front of the terminal. You might want some change for the driver/luggage handlers. The best part of the transfer is coming back. I dont know if they do this elsewhere, but I love Miami! Instead of dropping you out front of the airport, they have a special area in the back just for us. You get off the bus, collect your luggage and walk right up to the checkin desk. We waited no more than 5 minutes. Its open air, but has a roof and fans going. Then you walk inside right up to security (now there we had to wait 15-20 minutes, but it was right after New Years so lots of travelers).

Alison

PCL-Caribbean, Alaska, Panama Canal
12/02 RCI-Enchantment-Western Caribbean
12/03 RCI-Navigator-Western Caribbean
12/04 RCI-Mariner-Eastern Caribbean
12/05 RCI-Brilliance-Panama Canal
Old June 9th, 2004, 08:42 AM
shadow99

Did you book air independant of the cruiseline?Transfers will cost you approximately 22.00 per person round trip,,but ,dont quote me on the correct price.Yes,you need to contact the cruiseline with your flight information ahead of time.Or,if I can make a suggestion?Take a cab to the Port of Miami,it is only about a 10 or 15 minute ride,and cabs are plentiful.
Old June 9th, 2004, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Ed,
Yep, I'd suggest just getting a cab to the pier, less hassle and faster and cheaper too.

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 9th, 2004, 09:47 AM
Cruise Maniac

I would also get a cab,Cost 5 adults 21.00 with no wait time.We took a Mini Van Taxi.They are all over the place.Any ?'s just ask.
Old June 9th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree with the others. Instead of waiting for the RCCL bus to fill up, there are plenty of cabs waiting and it is so much faster to hop in a cab. The price isn't that much different either. We rarely take cruise transfers.
Norma
Old June 9th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Bus Transfers in Miami?

Looks like the taxis have won out. Thanks to all for your feedback!

Ed S.

Old June 9th, 2004, 08:13 PM
hcat

Cabs may work best when it's a short hop but to FLL we will have to go with the Royal as a cab is too expensive.