Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2004, 01:28 PM
Marcia D

Default Voyager sailing June 27th

Sailing on the Voyager of the Seas June 27th. Sure would love to read a review of this ship with the Canada /New England itinerary. Anyone willing to write one before I go sure would be appreciated.

3rd Cruise
Majesty of the Seas 2000
Carnival Elation 2002
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2004, 10:37 AM
Atromos

Default Re: Voyager sailing June 27th

We'll be going on June 27th also. Trying to find out more information about leaving from Bayonne, NJ. Have you heard anything?

Voyager, Jan. '04
Old June 21st, 2004, 11:08 AM
Gerif

Don't know if it's acceptable to refer you to another message board, but if you check out www.cruisecritics.com for Royal Caribbean, you will find all the information you need.
Old June 22nd, 2004, 09:21 PM
pnqu213

Default Re: Re: Voyager sailing June 27th

I'll be on this cruise also.

There's also a June 27 roll-call on cruisecritic with some embarking and weather conversations, if you are interested.
Old June 23rd, 2004, 07:28 PM
JohnH

Just got back on 6/18 from Canada. Anything
specifically you want to know?
Old June 24th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Marcia D

Sorry it took me so long to get back to this message board, have been very busy ! Thanks to those who replied. Mainly just wanted to know about temperatures in Halifax and St John , things that are "must see's" while there. We are flying in to EWR on Sat. (coming from Houston). We already have shuttle to hotel and to cruise terminal on Sun. but when we get back from cruise we need ride to airport so that we can pick up rental car to travel to upstate New York to visit my mother-in-law. Any suggestions? Does Royal Caribbean allow transfer just one way? We checked Avis (whom we are renting car from) and they don't have shuttle service from the cruise port. I understand there are only a couple of cabs that are waiting at the cruise terminal. One more thing, I heard that there is a train or something that goes to the airport about 3 blocks from the cruise terminal and thatt RCL will give you a complimentary ride there, does anyone know about that? Thanks for your help!
Old June 25th, 2004, 05:14 PM
JohnH

We were in St. John on Tuesday 6/15. It was cool and very, very foggy that day. Could not see from one end of the ship to the other. Fog never did burn off that day. We went to the Moosehead brewery that day - tour was pretty weak - did not really get into the brewery. We have previously done the environmental walk there which was interesting. All of the tours include a short tour of the town, a stop at the market, and a stop at the reverising rapids - which is what you really want to see.

We were in Halifax on Wed. 6/16. Could not have asked for a nicer day, clear and temps in the mid 70's. Perfect weather We took the tall ship tour that day. Very nice trip and perfect day for it. We have previously done the Peggy's Cove tour in Halifx and the tour to the Maritine Museum and the Citadel. All have been execellent tours.

One thing that is common in both places is how NICE the people are to the tourists. None of the contempt for the tourists (Americans) that you see so many places in the world today. In St. John they give each lady leaving the ship a rose. In Halifax there is a band that greets the ship.

Yes, you can buy a one-way transfer from the ship to Newark. It is $25 per person. We did that because of previous taxi problems in New York. Good thing we did because when we walked out of the terminal there were at least 100 people waiting for cabs and only TWO cabs in line.
I saw the train station at the entrance to the port. Never heard anything about RCCL giving free rides to the train station. It would be a very long walk - well over a mile..
Hope this helps. Have a great trip. We did

John
Old June 25th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Marcia D

Thanks for the help! I think we will just get the one way RCCL trip back to the airport, sounds easy enough! I am in the midst of packing....where did all this "stuff " come from?!? Thanks again for all your tips....we are really looking forward to this trip!
Old June 26th, 2004, 04:00 AM
A.S.

I know this ship holds alot of passengers. How did you find the lines in the Windjammer Buffet for Breakfast and Lunch? We were just on Carnival's Victory and the lines were unbearable. Thanks