Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Beginner

Default Distance between Orlando & Port Canaveral

Does anyone know how long it is between Orlando airport and Port Canaveral. We are going on the Mariner in Oct. and I booked an 11AM flight on the way home. Now I'm getting a little nervous that we may not be able to get to the airport from the ship in time . Help is appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2004, 02:22 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Distance between Orlando & Port Canaveral

Its like 45 minute drive or so. Don't think its any longer than an hour.

Old June 12th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Yeoman

Yes, about 45- 1 hr. Depends on traffic as well. If you can, I'd try and get off asap. You will be pressed for time. Hopefully, there's no accidents on the way.
We've always cruised with CArnival and they let the ones off first that have early flights. Hopefully, RCCL does as well.

Good luck!
Old June 13th, 2004, 05:18 PM
RPREH

Last time we were at Orlando they were recommending an arrival time of 2 hours before flight. That means that you should arrive at 9 O'clock.Ship docks at 8:30?? Do the math--I personally would really be sweating bullets. On the plus side however, we did move thru security relatively quickly---still 11:00??? I don't know. Other considerations--one can't predict when passengers will be allowed to depart--If you have bus transfers you will have to wait until the bus fills before it heads for the airport--all this is working against you. I'm souding like a gloomy gus but I'm just telling you like it is. By the way what cruise will you be on. Our family will be on the October 31,2004 sailing.

Ron P
Old June 14th, 2004, 03:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

JMC

You might want to arrange for private transportation to get back to the airport. I think you might be cutting close and if you have to wait for a bus to fill up you might not make it. JMO.

Darcy
Old June 15th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Emm

We made an 11:45 flight last November (thanksgiving weekend) It was that flight or one at 6pm -- since american cut so many flights in our area --we chose to try to make that flight.

They anticipated the heavy traffic at MCO and it didnt take long to get thru security. Plus we didnt have carry on's which would have taken longer

We had a private company take us to the airport -- I believe we were off theship on the 3rd call -- by 8:30 outside with our luggage -- the limo guy wasnt there as planned -- we ended up waiting an hour for him , and still made it to the airport by 10:30. This was leaving on a sunday , which i noticed had light traffic. One other thing about busses is besides taking a while to load -- they also take some time to drop people at various terminals. Our group was too large for a taxi so we arranged a private limo --

DO NOT TAKE ACE LIMOSINE!!!!

Several other orlando towncar/limo's were waiting when we got off the ship -- we called ACE and the guy who answered said the limo was there -- just look for him,, another call -- another call,-- then he said the guy was at the wrong place -- then the driver tells me he got a late start -- So get a reference from someone before you just internet book a limo service. Especially if you book it because you are trying to arrive at the airport asap.

I think you could make an 11am flight if everything goes right -- but then not everything goes right often. After a certain time -- i think one hour for american ( varies) they wont take checked luggage -- so even if u make it your luggage wouldnt .
Old June 16th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Distance between Orlando & Port Canaveral

Good luck, I'd be worried too much to enjoy myself...

RCL Legend of the Seas July 1999 Alaska
NCL Majesty Feb 2003 W Carr.