Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Passenger

Default Parking at Port of Miami

We are actually driving down to Miami after dropping off the kids in central Florida with grandma. Can anybody offer tips on the parking at the Port of Miami? Is there adequate parking at the terminal?
Sponsored Links
Old June 13th, 2004, 07:22 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Parking at Port of Miami

RCCL has a large parking deck directly across from the terminal. The cost was $10.00 p/day last year. Very convenient! When you drive in, you can drop your checked luggage curbside, then go in to park, and only have to take your carry-ons from the parking deck. Makes it much easier!

Have a Great Cruise!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old June 14th, 2004, 06:18 AM
Captain

They have bumped the price to $12 per night. Also, be aware that there's a lot of construction in the area of the cruise terminals (at least there was this past January). I think they're building more parking.

Old June 15th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Emm

Depending on where grandma lives, there used to be a "free" bus service that picks you up in various florida towns and drops u off at the port - We used this a number of times out of clearwater , and i know they have routes that go from the other coast.

It was free for royal caribbean, some lines were a charge though.

Try checking out Cruise Connections. They work with the cruise line and if they still operate -- they will pick up passengers at designated time/loc (such as a denney's) -- early in the morning -- make a couple of stops on the way for additional passengers -- then drop you off at the port -- before noon. Same on return. It might have added an hour to the drive -- with the stops -- but you dont have to worry about parking or traffic -- and its great on the return when youre tired -- catch a few zzz's before u meet up with the kids. ONce i called my TA to reserve my slot -- other times I just called cruise connections directly -- they get your name off of the cruise lines manifest.

http://www.cruise-connection.com/home.cfm
Old June 15th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Parking at Port of Miami

Thanks for the info about Cruise Connection. I don't see anything on their website that indicates that it is free with Royal Caribbean, so I have emailed them to find out more. If so, this would be a great idea. If not, it would actually be less expensive to park at the port.
Old June 15th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Parking at Port of Miami

Unfortunately, Cruise Connections does not offer this service free to Royal Caribbean cruisers anymore. It would be more cost efficient to drive ourselves. Thanks for the tip, though.