CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   where do you get your knockoff handbags? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/235170-where-do-you-get-your-knockoff-handbags.html)

susan1965 June 16th, 2004 02:36 PM

where do you get your knockoff handbags?

we're leaving in less than a month and i wanted to know the best places to buy fake purses... luis vuitton, prada, guicci, burberry, etc
we will be visiting san juan, st thomas, nassau and haiti
any suggestions?

mahirsch June 16th, 2004 04:09 PM

Re: where do you get your knockoff handbags?

They have them in the St. Thomas straw market near the shopping area. Also check some of the little souviner shops, I got great knockoff purses and wallets in one of those (LV purse wallet, Gucci purse, large LV duffel). Also, if you're buying several items, they often will give you $5 off some items.

San Juan has real Coach and Dooney & Burke stores, prices are cheaper due to no tax or duty.

Have fun

Margie

SS June 16th, 2004 04:58 PM

No, not knock-offs!

TheWog June 17th, 2004 12:21 PM

St. Thomas has a Coach as well. They give you free drinks if you buy there.

St. Maarten has great knock offs with real C signature logos but I see you are not going there. The straw market in St. THomas had the fake Gs that are supposed to look like Cs.

hcat June 17th, 2004 12:46 PM

As to real bags, does anyone know about Brahmin handbags in Newport on the New England cruise--I am hoping to get a real one but wonder how expensive they are..They look so nice in the tourist lit.

garry June 18th, 2004 04:42 PM

When you get to Nassau look for the Del Sol store, they sell the T-shirts that change color in the sun. They are located on the corner of a narrow street. About a 3rd of the way down the street (on left) is a store that sold Gucci knock offs. Great quality at a good price. My wife bought a half dozen for her self and as gifts. The wife was disappointed that our last cruise on 5/21/04 on the Voyager stopped at Freeport and not Nassau. She wanted to buy more Gucci's. Good Luck

diverdiver June 19th, 2004 06:37 PM

I bought my genuinely fake Rolex in San Juan from a guy who had them displayed on a card table. I also bought a couple of fake Dooney & Bourke purses, too. The funny thing is that the watch lasted for years! I went to have the battery replaced, and the jeweller (after laughing about the number of fake Rolexes that people brought in), said I had probably gotten a bargain, because the works were Seiko. The purses lasted for quite awhile, too. I think they were about $25.00 each. Also got a fake Gucci watch (with the different colored faces), and a real Gucci purse in St. Thomas. That Gucci purse wore out in about a year, too.