Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2004, 12:58 PM
hcat

Default Solarium pools-radiance class

Can anyone let me know if these pools are adult only like it was on Enchantment? If they are , do employees enforce the rules.? We made a big mistake & booked months ago for a hump cabin during Easter week (It is very early in '05) It is already too late to change plans as everything in our category is booked for the trip we want for all dates---We know there will be many kids onboard & hope the solarium may provide a bit of sanctuary ....not against children but we are empty nesters now & try to avoid peak travel weeks & school vacations. Invariably it doesn't work out that way! Thanks for the info.
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Solarium pools-radiance class

The radiance does enforce the "no children" in the solarium pool. I just came off the ship from Alaska, where children were only allowed to swim in the pool btw 12:00pm - 2:00pm and then from 6-8pm. I think this is only on the Alaska sailing though, because I sailed on her also in January and no children were allowed. Staff were very good at clearing the area of children. Good luck finding a chair, though!
Old June 17th, 2004, 06:13 PM
holden

The solarium was our favorite part of the ship! Yes, the rules were enforced a year ago when we were on it. We got chairs very early (right after breakfast) and stayed there almost all day long on the days at sea. It was so relaxing!
Old June 19th, 2004, 07:01 PM
hcat

Thanks you. The spa & solarium pool are always a big part of the trip for us so I am glad the kiddie action will be outdoors--esp when I hear that over easter ther maybe up to 1000 children on board. ! I could not change our res. so we have decided to try & have a stress free week despite the anticipated crowds. Will plan better next time but it seems that so many dates are school vacations of one sort or another.!