Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2004, 04:11 PM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to RHOSTE
Default How big of a suitcase can I take?

I read somewher that you have to store your suitcase under your bed. Is that correct?
does anyone know how many inches from the floor to the bottom of the bed? I was going to take a hard suitcase, and not one of the collapsable ones. would it fit?

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2004, 04:20 PM
catfan72

Default Re: How big of a suitcase can I take?

I've taken a cruise on RCCL (Brillance was my ship) and I stored my suitcase and other luggage in my closet and under the bed. The space under the bed is probably about 1-1 1/2 feet tall. It's quite roomy!!
Old June 18th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Yeoman

If you are checking the suitcase, it can be a large one, it doesn't have to be stored under the bed. That is a good place to keep it if it will fit, so you have more room in your cabin to move around. They have limitations on the size of the carry ons, they have to fit through the X-ray machine just like at the airport. Similiar to the requirements for carry on luggage for airplanes. My carry on I took on 2 RC cruises was a little larger than the specified size and I had no problems. The actual size is probably listed on their website somewhere. Hope this helps out!

Enjoy your cruise!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old June 19th, 2004, 10:32 AM
tokathy

Robin,
We take large hard side luggage when we cruise and it slides ub\der the bed fine in the open position....definitely won't fit when it's closed..........You can ask your room attendant to stow it for you and bring it back the last day.........
Old June 19th, 2004, 06:30 PM
Yeoman

That's really a great suggestion, tokathy! I never would have thought of putting an open suitcase uncer the bed. I've brought the same old-same old-suitcase for so many years that I pretty much know where it fits. I'll keep your idea in mind in case I ever spring for the newer, hard-sided luggage! Great tip.
Old June 19th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Sooshie

Oh, you can go as large as you like. I can fit a family of 4 in mine Really, mine is very big and usually very heavy. So pack all the shoes you want and have a great time!

Susan
Old June 20th, 2004, 10:03 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: How big of a suitcase can I take?

I would say that if the suitcase falls within the airlines requirements as to size for checked luggage, you will have no porblems getting it under the bed.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old June 20th, 2004, 06:11 PM
TaRaa

If you are flying before getting on your cruise, you have to be careful of the weight or you will have to pay extra ( if it is over 50 pounds i believe )
Old June 21st, 2004, 09:14 AM
Emm

I know that AMerican has changed the dimensions as well as weight for luggage -- the nice large samsonite that we used 2 years ago -- is now too large

If the dimensions are too big ( they add height + Depth + width) you are charged $70 one way extra -- its another $70 if it is over 50lb.

I know American has the luggage requirements posted on their website --

Please check before you get to the airport. They are strict about this btw -- if its over 1lb or 1 " you will be charged
Old June 21st, 2004, 12:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Rhoste
you don't HAVE to store your cases under the bed, it's just more convenient to do so as it saves space, once the closet is filled with clothes there isn't much room and you don't want to be tripping over suitcases in the cabin, the cabin steward won't be crazy about that either. I like tokathy's suggestion, I never would have thought of opening it to fit it under the bed, excellent suggestion.

Explorer of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas