CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Navigator cabins (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/235194-navigator-cabins.html)

firstcruiser June 19th, 2004 12:01 AM

Navigator cabins

My husband and I will be going on our first cruise in January. A lot of choices to get here, but we've chosen the Navigator of the Seas, E Carribean.

Any advice on cabin choice? We want a balcony and want one with an unobstructed view, but private. Also, we value QUIET. Are there any better than others?

Thanks for the advice. All these choices, can be confusing!

Lyn June 19th, 2004 09:41 AM

Re: Navigator cabins

we are going on our first cruise on the Navigator on 7/17. Our travel agent recommended balcony cabin on deck 7, and we asked that the balcony be located away from elevators that could cause additional noise.

Jeff9999 June 19th, 2004 10:03 AM

I personally like the balconies on deck 9 on the voyager class ships. I have found them to be quiet, but also convenient to get to places around the ship. We have had several balconies between 9302 and 8286 and had good luck.

Some of the quietness though depends on the other passengers that week. Get a few kids down the hall running and you will hear it. So the only way to minimize traffic by your door is to book a cabin far aft or forward.

- Jeff

firstcruiser June 19th, 2004 01:33 PM

Re: Re: Navigator cabins

Thanks Jeff, your advice was really helpful. The cabins I was looking at are right in the area you mentioned, so that eases my mind. I've read so much on line, advice about picking cabins, be careful of this, watch out for that, my brain was spinning!

I hear what you're saying about the other guests. Like in any hotel, I guess, part of it's luck. I've been in some very nice hotels that had some really loud guests for the night.

Any other advice for this first time cruiser?

firstcruiser June 19th, 2004 01:35 PM

Re: Re: Navigator cabins

Lyn,

What area of deck 7? That is also a deck we are looking at.

Your post brought a smile to my face - your cruise leaves on my son's birthday. I hope you enjoy it immensely!

luv2B@sea June 19th, 2004 02:44 PM

Re: Re: Re: Navigator cabins

We stayed on deck 7, on the hump. Found our cabin on Navigator very sound proof and we weren't far from the elevators which made it convenient. I don't believe any of the balconies are private. If you're on the straight part of the ship, the people on the hump can see your balcony, if you're on the hump, those on either side can see you. Decks 6 and above are unobstructed views. You will have a fabulous time, while on our first cruise (on the Navigator) we were having the best vacation we had ever had so we booked another cruise for next year while still on board. Hope I was helpful. If you have any other Navigator questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

firstcruiser June 19th, 2004 04:12 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Navigator cabins

luv2B - thanks for the info on the unobstructed views, that was one of my questons.

Any advice on shore excursions? Where did you go on the Navigator?

luv2B@sea June 21st, 2004 08:35 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Navigator cabins

We did Western Caribbean -
Nassau (supposed to be Labadee but it was during the unrest) went to a beach but it was a very windy, kind of cool day
Ocho Rios - did Dunns River Falls - great time and Dolphin Cove - also great, would recommend the "swim" as oppossed to the "encounter/touch". While Jamaica itself was nothing great the excursions were.
Grand Cayman - definately our favorite - did Sting Ray City/Snorkle combo - best time we've ever had! If snorkleing anywhere bring your own mouth piece and mask if possible.
and Cozumel - went to a beach, Play de Sol (lots of fun) then shopping in town, as shopping is one of my favorite past times I enjoyed this very much. You can get unbelievable deals.
I booked all my excursions through RCI, some say do it on your own because it's cheaper but I find it convenient to book through them right on their web site.
We had 2 sea days, one on the 2nd day and one on the last. I didn't like the first one because I wanted to "get out there" as the RCI commercials say. But I LOVED the one on the last day, we got packed and just relaxed on the ship.
Navigator is a beautiful ship and we never felt crowded even though she was full. And were never disturbed by passers by even though we weren't far from the elevators.
Hope this helps!

Post Edited (06-21-04 07:40)

ssca June 21st, 2004 11:10 AM

We just returned from the NOS and had a great time!!! Had a balcony cabin deck nine 9528. Very quiet not to far from the elevator.

Tauruschick June 21st, 2004 12:58 PM

We had balcony, deck 7. We loved it.

Lynzerskk June 21st, 2004 02:49 PM

Re: Re: Re: Navigator cabins

I also hope that we have a wonderful cruise. We will be in cabins 7258 & 7259. We have used the same travel agent for years, and he understands our preferences for relaxation, quiet and convenience.

PhoenixCruiser June 21st, 2004 04:32 PM

Avoid being near rooms that can hold more than 3 people if you enjoy quiet. If you look at the layout, rooms with a triangle have a pull-out sofa.

Have fun planning :-)