Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2004, 10:44 AM
Passenger

Default Navigator questions

Just returned from Navigator if you have any questions.
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2004, 11:00 AM
happytobeme

Default Re: Navigator questions

Yes, many...
Is it possible to get an upgrade upon check-in?
Where were your ports? We are Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel on July 10. If you went to these ports (or anyone else for that matter!) what can you recommend for excursions.
Do you recommend booking the excursions through the cruise line or on your own and finding your own transportation?
Any recommendations, in general, on what you would do differently or exactly the same if you cruised again?
When you went on the excursions, were they crowded and chaotic or reasonably sized and well-organized?
Old June 21st, 2004, 12:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Happy,
I posted some of this info on another thread but it will answer some of your questions...
Didn't go to Labadee (unrest)
Ocho Rios - did Dunns River Falls - great time and Dolphin Cove - also great, would recommend the "swim" as oppossed to the "encounter/touch". While Jamaica itself was nothing great the excursions were.
Grand Cayman - definately our favorite - did Sting Ray City/Snorkle combo - best time we've ever had! If snorkleing anywhere bring your own mouth piece and mask if possible.
and Cozumel - went to a beach, Play de Sol (lots of fun) then shopping in town, as shopping is one of my favorite past times I enjoyed this very much. You can get unbelievable deals.
I booked all my excursions through RCI, some say do it on your own because it's cheaper but I find it convenient to book through them right on their web site.
Excursions were not at all crowded or chaotic, very well organized and done in timely manner, no waiting at all.
Things I am doing different next time... eat at earlier seating for dinner, did late seating last time, too late for us. Chose an itinerary with only 1 sea day (at the end) I'd rather be checking out an island during the day than be at sea, we did enjoy our at sea day on the last day though. Try to eat less (yeah right!)
We will definately get spa treatments again, like dying and going to heaven but won't get roped into buying their extremely expensive products even if they say they won't charge for the massage, live and learn Also will get a balcony for all future cruises, no other way to cruise now.
Navigator is a beautiful ship and we never felt crowded even though she was full.
Hope this helps!

Explorer of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Old June 22nd, 2004, 11:43 AM
Passenger

Hi Happy, we did not ask for an upgrade and had a balcony cabin deck 9 it was fine. There were 4 of us and pleanty of room. We did do the west carib same as you and did the waterpark area in Labadee, and booked the river tubing safari through RCI in ochos rios, Stingray snorkeling through Sotos online excellent! and in cozumel we just took a cab to Paradise Beach and hung out. I really wish we had time to go to sevenmile beach in grand cayman we just did not feel we had time to do that.We did get kind of screwed up on time zones the ship never changes the clock it is always eastern time but Grand Cayman and I think Cozumel were 1 hour behind so we wasted time waiting around for our tours.We did not seem to be in a crowd ever. We did bring our own wine and that I would do again only next time I will bring more! And I will not play bingo again It was just to expensive for 4 people.We had late seating and I dont think I would change that, we really enjoyed the time we had to get ready and with 4 people we needed that time.We eat late at home anyway so it was no big deal. It was nice to have wine and we ordered roomservce, cheese and fruit to have out on the balcony.
Old June 22nd, 2004, 04:34 PM
happytobeme

Default Re: Re: Navigator questions

Oh it just sounds awesome - thanks for your response. It was very helpful. We have late dinner seating, as well, and was wondering if we will like that. Bringing your own wine, how did you travel with it...did they store it for you...did they charge you to store it? We are currently planning an excursion on our own at Dolphin Discovery on Cozumel, but were considering the Paradise Beach excursion, as you did. Did you book your stingray/snorkel excursion through Royal Caribbean or on your own. If on your own, which company/vendor? If you get a chance to respond...thanks!
Old June 25th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Isaac

Hello! I have 1 question. Upon reading a review on the NAVIGATOR, it said that the partitions BETWEEN the balconies where glass! Is that true? And if so, is there any privacy? Thank you!
Old June 25th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Passenger

It is frosted glass you can only see outlines but when you are at the railing youcan look around.
Old June 28th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Beginner

Hey,

My family and I will be on the same sailing. Do ALL your shore excursions on your own and save a bundle! We are diving in the Caymens, hanging out at Mr. Sanchos beach Club in Cozumel and diving there as well and touring the caves and Dunn's River Falls in Jamaica. All in all I saved over $200.00! Search on goggle for tour operators for what you want to do.

Have a great trip and shoot me an email if ya want to meet for a drink on board.

Peace,

Pete
Old June 28th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Ty Send a message via Yahoo to Ty

Were there alot of teens or young people there, Thanx. Im going form August 28th to September 4th

Carnival Fantasy
Monarch of the Seas
Voyager of the Seas
Navigator of the Seas
Old July 1st, 2004, 08:21 PM
Passenger

We're on the Navigator August 28th too. We have two teen daughters, 17 and 14, who will be on the cruise. I assume you're a teen? You won't be the only one!
Old July 10th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Lklein

We're on the Navigator as well and we have a 17 year old son (and 7 year old daughter)- if your kids are on MSN perhaps they can hook up prior to the cruise.
Old July 11th, 2004, 07:47 PM
Passenger

Good - another teen on the cruise. My kids were starting to wonder how many there would be. They've posted to the teen cruise boards, so maybe they'll "meet" there. We can't wait, but the Summer is going fast.
Old July 15th, 2004, 03:13 PM
jesskass

Hi,

I went on a Navigator cruise last year(same ports)
Labadee- In Labadee we rented a couple of Jet Ski's which was pretty fun. we mostly just hung out at the beach(always a welcome alternative)
Ochos Rios-I disagree with whoever said Jamaica wasn't anything special, I thought it was Amazing. We did the Dolphin Cove encounter which I would reccomend above the swim because they do the same thing with the dolphins except your in the water with them instead of standing on a platform. The encounter is also like a hundred dollars cheaper then the swim( and you do the same thing, What a rip off). We also did the Dunns River Falls waterfall climb which is alot of fun but extremely dangerous, the rocks are really slippery and the current of the water is pretty swift. I advise you wear a pair of water shoes, and If you have small children going I would not reccomend this excursion because you'll be worried about them slipping and falling( I should Know my mom was freaking out the whole time over me and my sister, and I'm 16 and she's 22) and you can't really enjoy yourself if you have to worry about someone else getting hurt.
Grand Cayman- we did the stingray city/snorkel combo, which was fun but if you suffer from any kinf of motion sickness I wouldn't reccomend this excursion because the boatride out is Brutal.
Cozumel- In cozumel we did alot of shopping!! we also did the semi-submersable thing that was really cool.

Anyway that's about it no matter what you decide to do I hope you have a great time.
Old July 15th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Di59

What about the pools on the Navigator? We'll be traveling in March 05 over spring break with 2 teenage boys 14 & 18. Also, is there enough to keep them entertained while my husband and I enjoy some of the night time entertainment?
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:49 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Cruisechic2005 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruisechic2005

Dj59---When are you going in March on the Navigator?

I'm sailing on March 5th 2005, and i'll be 18 when I set sail... I guess I'm hoping to find some other teens my age on the same sailing date as me, haha!! Either way I can't wait to sail again!! Hope to hear from you soon....

Happy Sails everyone!!

Unforgetable!
Old July 16th, 2004, 12:09 AM
D'Lynn

Sailing March 26 -- that's when our spring break is.
Old July 20th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Passenger

My boys played basketball every night until about 1am.They never used the pool at night. There were a lot of kids in the hot tub though.