Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Martin LLanos

Default Next Vacation? Do not choose a cruise !!!!!

I say this from a crewmember point of view.
Have you ever asked how is the crewmember's life on board? No.
Let me tell you about.
There is several people doing long shifts for a miserable money ,but they don't tell you.
Sometimes ,as the case I survive,wives away from their husbands and kids working as "Stewards" under conditions you hardly could imagine,few hours sleep and no time off ,even for a phone call .

Do you know how heavy is the bed you sleep on while cruising with DCL ,or did you even notice the clean and spotless toilette you used?That carpet that look as good as a newone ?
Those who keep these kind of order and cleaning should have a better treatment and a better insurance coverage than a ticket back home with no medical assistance when sick due to their jobs.
My wife got a back injure while working on the "Wonder" and is sad what we are going thru just because the company won't take any responsability.
She lost the 12% of her body movement capacity and she is allowed to pick up 10 KG,wich is not allowing her to carry our one year old bbaby.
She filed a lawsuit against Disney Cruise Line and they try to dismiss the case.They could not.
That was four long years ago and still DISNEY CRUISE LINE REJECT TO TAKE CARE OF MY WIFE INJURY.
We are waiting for thr trial date to show that DISNEY IS THE WORST FOR THE CREWMEMBERS.
That is sad.
I have to write this here because many of the people who go on a cruise don't know what's going on there.
As my wife there is many people trying to get some money decently at a very high price for their healths.
If you have any comment let me know.
Sponsored Links