CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Departing San Juan (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/235330-departing-san-juan.html)

Gilly June 29th, 2004 09:15 AM

Departing San Juan

Good morning all,

I am sailing on the Adventure of the Seas out of San Juan on August 8th. I just learned that my flight coming home is going to leave San Juan at 5:15 PM.
This seems very very late to me. What time do we debark? Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do for the time in between?

Thank you all for your hep.

trish1c June 29th, 2004 09:24 AM

Re: Departing San Juan

Take a taxi to OSJ (about $12) Store your bags at audiogilla (or something like that) near the Wyndham across from the carnival pier. It's $1 per bag. Walk around OSJ. Go up to fort morro. Have lunch. It's lovely.

You can also book a tour through the cruise line.

If you are leaving on Sunday, I'd get to the AP no later than 3 pm. It will take a while to get through TSA -- they don't have enough staff / scanners to get the crowds through.

SeaGhost June 29th, 2004 09:30 AM

I asked the same question a few days ago and was told Royal Carribean has excursions after the cruise. They are bus tours that last 3 to 6 hours and take you sitghtseeing with your luggage and end at the airport. The ones I saw for my trip in Dec. were Old & New San Juan, Bacardi factory and the Rainforest tour. I was also advised to give myself plenty of time at the airport because it can get very busy on Saturdays. The excursions are listed on the RCI website. Maybe someone else has alternatives, it might be nice spending the last day of vacation at the beach!

Gilly June 29th, 2004 10:11 AM

Thanks. That is great advice.

Donna June 29th, 2004 07:50 PM

Hi Gilly,
We were in the same boat after cruising from San Juan and took a post excursion through Royal Caribbean. They took us to one of the forts, then a shopping stop and a ride through New San Juan as well. Tour ended at the airport, so it worked out great and sure beat spending hours at the airport with no where to sit. For some reason, all the flights out of San Juan are later in the day. They also have tours where you can relax at a hotel before going to the airport, depending on how much time you have. They will let you know about these excursions once you are onboard. We had also purchased the transfers through them, and after we signed up for the excursion, they gave us a credit for the amount of the transfer, so that was also nice.

DavidN June 30th, 2004 10:38 AM

I just got my cruise documents today for AOS sailing on July 25th! They list 4 after cruise excursions. They are a City Tour ($25pp), Rain Forest Tour ($30pp), City and Bacardi Rum tour ($28pp) and a Walking Tour of Old SJ ($38pp).