Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Default Info on Paradise Beach in Cozumel

Need to know if anyone has been to paradise beach in Cozumel??? I am sailing on the September 26th Rhapsody of the Seas. I went on this same cruise last year and went to Playa Del Sol Beach the last time and was wondering if Paradise beach is better.....Also what is the best way to get to the beach....i have not seen any excursions that include paradise beach. Thanks

Stuart Ware
Austin, Texas
On Carnival Elation
Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2003
Rhapsody of the Seas 9/2004
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Cruise Maniac
Default Re: Info on Paradise Beach in Cozumel

You don't need an excursion because the beach is free. Free chairs, free umbrella, free entrance. The food and drinks are very reasonable. Beautiful beach, beautiful water, so-so snorkeling. I would highly recommend it. All the taxi's can get you there, they have it posted on their fare board.
Old July 2nd, 2004, 09:35 AM

I frequent another message board where Paradise Beach is mentioned numerous times. Everyone says to take a cab from the dock to the beach. Cab fare is $12.00 per cab and cabs are readily available all day. At this time they aren't charging for access to the beach however, in the future they may begin charging. Food and drinks are available for very reasonable prices. From all of the posts I have read it sounds like a great place to go we plan to hit Paradise Beach when we are in Cozumel in November on our Mariner cruise.

Hope that helps:
Old July 10th, 2004, 04:45 PM

As Sarah mentions, just take a taxi outside of your port area and have a great day. Tom is the manager and has made many on-line friends. There is also a web page on-line, so take a look. I am not sure of its title, so try paradisebeach.com. Please let's hope the cruise ship's don't start to use this beach club as a place to go. Then it would get too crowded as is the problem with Playa del Sol. That was great before the tours!
Bon Voyage
Old August 9th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Default Re: Re: Info on Paradise Beach in Cozumel

Hey everyone, I went to Paradise beach on June 25. We went on the Mariner of the seas and the last port of call was cozumel. We had only been there once before and didnt want to go back. This time we decided we were going to take a taxi to Paradise Beach. We read about it on Cruisemates and thought that since it was free we might as well try it. When we arrived in cozumel we took a taxi to Paradise beach. The taxi was 12 dollars no matter how many people were transported. We were with another family so we had 2 get 2 taxis. When we arrived we were the first ones there. It looked beautiful! We sat down under the unbrellas on already furnished beach chairs. I went out in the ocean and used the free water mats. It was really nice. We swam out to the water trampoline, only to our dismay it was broken so we didnt get to use it. Later we went out to the water rock climbing wall which was really neat. After that we went kayaking! It was free and our first time. While we were kayaking my uncle was saving our chairs. Up til then we were having a great time. When we went back to our chairs my uncle told us that one of the workers asked him if he wanted to buy a drink and he said no. He told him that he needed to buy a drink because the umbrellas cost $10. He told him that we were going to buy t shirts later. The man told him that we needed to leave if he didnt buy a drink. That made us feel very unwelcome! We will not go back to paradise beach.It left a very bad taste in our mouths. I would much rather be charged 10 dollars instead of being told to leave just because you dont want to buy a drink. None of us drink and really dont want to eat anything in mexico because it might be unsafe. Right after they told us to leave we left and did not buy any t shirts. They lost our business because of the way they treated us. If we ever go back to Cozumel, we will definately go to chokonob! Well I hope my story helps you make your decision on what beach to go to in Cozumel. Only go to Paradise beach if you are going to buy drinks, and if you dont mind being treated very roudley!
Old August 9th, 2004, 10:59 PM

We went to Nachi Cocom the last two times we were in Cozumel. It, too, it a free beach with a pool, jacuzzi, umbrellas, total use of the beach, a full service restaurant with a swim up bar. We have never been charged a dime to get in, but both times we ordered food at very reasonable prices (and never got sick). I imagine the reason they have free admission is so you will use their restaurant or bar; otherwise they would never afford to be there. The cab ride was $15 each way and cabs were always waiting to take you back. The beach is beautiful and there are watersports available for an additional charge (jetskiing, kayaking, snorkeling, parasailing, rafts). We love it there and when in Cozumel again we will return. If anyone would like pics just email me and I'll send you some.

Old August 11th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Brenda P

Hi, we also sail September 26 on EOS. We will be going to Paradise Beach. I dont believe there are excursions because its a private beach. Best way to get there is by Taxi. So far admittance and toys (trampoline, snorkel equipment, iceburg is free) starting Oct 1 there will be a $5.00 fee for the toys Admittance will still be free.
Old August 11th, 2004, 10:50 AM

We have spent numerous times at Mr. Sanchos beach. There is no addmittance fee, but if you want to use the lounge chairs, tables/chairs w/umbrellas, then you need to buy drinks, (canned pop, bottled water is available along w/bottled beer), or food. We have had strawberry daquris, bottled beer, nachos/salsa, frenchfries, ice cream, and never gotten sick. The use of the chairs is an ammenity for buying from them. There is no specific charge of how much you need to buy, whereas at some of the free beaches, they have a minimum charge for food/drinks. We have been to Mr. Sanchos about 3 or 4 times, and we just love it there. We will certainly return next year from the Navigator. They need to make their money someway to keep the beach clean and up to date.

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!

beach, beer, buy, buys, cab, cost, cozumel, cruise, drink, food, mexico, paradise, port, rate, ship, taxi, terminal