Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to truekolorz
Default Alcohol or beer card

Does anyone know if you can purchase unlimited alcohol for the week and how much it is for open bar for the week...i will be saidling on August 13th aboard the Voyager
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2004, 10:08 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Alcohol or beer card

I've been on 5 or 6 Royal Carib cruises and one Celebrity (including the Voyager when it sailed from Miami).. I've never seen or heard of unlimited alcohol cards, the cruise line would go broke and the ship would be full of drunks !! ... unlimited soda for the kids yes, and thats a good deal to keep them happy, but you'll run up a good size bar bill on any of the ships so plan for that.. a few words of advise here, you could bring your own booze on the ship (so long as your not carrying on cases of it !! ) You won't be able to have your own bottle sitting on deck with you , but you can certainly transfer some to a water bottle and just order juice or soda and discreetly mix your own. Another note, while you can purchase liquor duty free and cheap on the ship, they will not give it to you until the end of the cruise when you get off, (they really want you to buy their drinks).. if you buy it duty free in any of the ports they will take it from you when you board the ship and return it at the end of the cruise ( I've gotten away with giving them one or two bottles to keep them happy and then stashed one in my wife's bag or a couple of pints in my pockets which happily came aboard with me) I'll be on the Voyager again on July 16 and plan to bring a few bottles of booze and wine along for the ride.. I suggest you do the same !!! Enjoy !!
Old July 1st, 2004, 05:20 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Alcohol or beer card

Hey Chuck...thanks for the info I could have sworn I heard something about a open bar for the week i guess not...oh well...well just have to buy the drinks maybe ill stash some in a water bottle :P Enjoy your cruise :P
Old July 1st, 2004, 06:05 PM
First Mate

I may have given you bad info about the booze situation on Royal Carib.. the last time I cruised (2 yrs ago) I had no trouble packing a few bottles for the ride.. but I just got my cruise documents and it had note to check their website about it.. here's what it said... I still will probably try to pack a couple of bottles and see if I get away with it, but it won't be anything I can't afford to lose if they take it.. have a great cruise !!

Can I bring my own liquor onboard?
We apologize for any inconvenience but due to our regulatory and licensing requirements guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption or any other use.

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty-free from the Shops On Board or at ports of call will be stored by us and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of your voyage. A member of our staff will be at the gangway to assist with the storage of your purchases. Should you choose to consume alcoholic beverages purchased from the Shops On Board, a consumption fee will apply at the time of purchase. Note that no open liquor bottles will be permitted to be brought into dining areas or public areas.

This policy may not apply to every ship or itinerary depending on local laws, customs, or license requirements but Royal Caribbean will try and accommodate requests. Royal Caribbean is not responsible for fines imposed or items confiscated by local authorities.
Old July 1st, 2004, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

They did offer an alcohol card for awhile, but its seems, its discontinued now, sorry

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 2nd, 2004, 10:19 AM
Beginner

thanks guys for the info....an alcohol card would have been great lol..