Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2004, 11:38 AM
Beginner

Default Transfers from Orlando to Port Canaveral

How would I arrange transfer from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral if I did the air arrangements myself? Could I still call Royal Caribbean and purchase shuttle transportation? Are there any better options?
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2004, 02:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Transfers from Orlando to Port Canaveral

Many rent cars for the 1 hour drive. I didn't want to rent a car and have to hassle with dropping it off, transferring the luggage a few times on cruise day. Avis is one with a drop off close by. We flew in the day before and had the Cocoa Beach Shuttle (800-633-0427) take us to the hotel. They picked us up right outside the terminal on time and we met and rode with fellow cruisers. Approx $19/pp. The hotel shuttled us the next day to the port and we bought bus transefers on the ship for our return trip. If you are using any hotel shuttle to the port, call them up a day or two before you arrive and put you name on the list early.

MARINER 8/29/04, SPIRIT 11/17/04
Glory 2003, Star Princess 2003
NCL Star 2002, Star Princess 2002
Westerdam 2001, Inspiration 2001
Elation 1999, Jubilee 1991, Jubilee 1989
Tropicale 1988, Azure Seas 1982
Old July 5th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Passenger

You can still get transfers through Royal Caribbean even though you did not get airfare through them. However, it has been my experience that they will only do this if you are flying in the morning of the cruise and flying out the afternoon of the cruise. They also have some time restrictions. For example, when we flew out of Ft. Lauderdale, but arrived in port at Miami, we could not schedule a flight out any earlier than 1:30. Just call them for specifics to your trip.
Old July 5th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Luv 2 cruise

When we booked our DCL vacation last fall we used Cartier towncar. Their limo and towncar rates were very competitive. Their website is cartiertowncar.com. Also I've heard a lot of people use Happy Limo, Tiffany Towncar, and Southern Elegance to name a few. Try going to the DIS boards, under transportation and you'll find a lot of different reviews. I always try to stay clear of the ship's transfers. Good luck!
Old July 21st, 2004, 04:08 PM
Becky O

Cruised February of 2004 out of Port Canaveral and made my own air arrangements into Orlando the night before and stayed at a hotel in Orlando that had free shuttle service to and from airport. Morning of the curise headed back to airport and purchased transfers from RCCL rep and was bused to Port. Return was the same, bused back to airport and then proceeded to use my transfer I had purchased with my Disney package and headed to Disney resort for the rest of my vacation. Very easy to do, no problems.