Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2004, 02:07 PM
sweetsea

Default question for galveston cruisers

What is the best time for me to plan my flight home? We hope to use Galveston Limo shuttle service to Houston Hobby. Don't want to cut it too close, but don't want to sit around in the airport for hours either. Thanks for the advice!
Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2004, 10:58 PM
Beginner

Default Re: question for galveston cruisers

Once you've entered your vehichle of choice after leaving the ship (limo shuttle service or whatever), the drive from the port area in Galveston to Houston Hobby will be approximately 1 hour, perhaps *very* slightly less perhaps *very* slightly more, depending on traffic. Add in however much time you need to arrive at the airport before the actual flight out (I'd advise about 1 hour before boarding your flight -- Hobby's a small airport), and you can probably figure out your best schedule. My best guess, based on an early-morning departure from the ship (say, 8 a.m.) would be to safely schedule your flight out around noon or 1 p.m. that day, but probably no earlier than 11 a.m., depending on the ship's schedule.

Warning!!! This advice is based on a one-time cruiser's experience, but someone who has lived in the Houston-Galveston area for roughly 40 years.
;-)

Al Ruscelli
Old July 5th, 2004, 09:27 AM
sweetsea

Default Re: Re: question for galveston cruisers

Thanks Al....this sounds like good advice. Now I can start looking at airluine schedules.