Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 7th, 2004, 10:38 PM
mcw voyager #2 this yr

Default bayonne

how are things going in bayonne?anyone been to 5 day canada? what time are you off the ship by? are things going more smoothly? i am on vos 9/19 to canada.
thanks,
mcw
Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Passenger

Default Re: bayonne

MCW,
We're not leaving until July 30th, but from reading several other posts, it really seems like things are going much smoother. Those horror stories from the first weeks sounded pretty awful though. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!
Steve
Old July 8th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Cara

Default Re: Re: bayonne

Good evening folks.

We went out of Bayonne to Canada on June 27. We stopped in Bayonne for a nice lunch that day but I confess I don't remember when we arrived at the port. Too much wine I guess. We were not scheduled to sail until 10:00 p.m. and boarding was at 6:00. I'm going to guess we left the restaurant, which was on Avenue C in Bayonne, sometime between 2:00 and 3:00.

Anyway, we pulled up to the luggage drop off. Our luggage was taken in under three minutes. We then drove back to the parking lot where a shuttle picked us up in no time at all. We were driven to the check in where we walked in and within minutes (yes, I said minutes), we were on board. This should not be assumed that every trip is like that, but it certainly was for us. We were quite surpised at not only the expediency, but the friendliness of everyone we encountered.

Disembarkation was, in my opinion, close to typical of any other. At the time, it seemed impossible, particularly going down four decks on crowded stairways, but we were still off the ship by around 10:30. We were probably the 10th color called.

Once you pick up your luggage, you walk outside and proceed to the parking lot. It is not a long walk, but when you encounter the gravel it is a little difficult to manuever your wheeled luggage. I ended up waiting while my Michael got the car and then found me. There was probably an easier way but we did not look for it.

I hope this was helpful. I'll be glad to address those questions that I have any knowledge of. Sometimes things are better left a surprise and many, many times it's nice to know what to expect. Also, keep in mind things are never the same every time.

Cara
Old July 13th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Passenger

Default Re:bayonne

Bayonne is getting better with each cruise.

Freedom of Seas 1/10, Carnival Freedom 1/08, Carribean Princess 1/07, Navigator of Seas 1/05, Voyager of Seas 7/04, Conquest 12/03, Explorer of Seas 1/02, Victory 12/00, Triumph 9/99, Paradise 12/99, Big Red Boat 12/94, Noordam 1/90, Volendam 5/82

Old July 17th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Myrna

Default Re: Re:bayonne

Just got back yesterday and everything went smoothly. We got there at 5PM and check-in was very well organized. We were off the ship by 10:15, found luggage easily. Since our driver was late, we saw people getting off until about 11am. Any questions about cruise, wrtite to me. It was great
Old July 25th, 2004, 06:39 PM
mcw voyager #2 this yr

Default Re: Re: Re:bayonne

myrna,
what time did they actually let people start boarding for canada?
thanks,
mcs
Old July 25th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Myrna

Default Re: Re: Re: Re:bayonne

I heard 3pm. We got on at 5pm
Old July 26th, 2004, 12:13 PM
kroozeguy

Default Re: bayonne

I just got back from VOS' 7/16 sailing, Bayonne was good for embarkation (we were on the ship by 1), but disembarkation, mostly due to Voyager's assbackwards disembarkation process was hellish. People being dropped off and picked up were all in the same area, two times the luggage and two times the people since VOS was being loaded up for Canada while being unloaded from the Caribbean, and it was all happening in the same area!!