Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 8th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to RHOSTE
Default Legend of the Sea's

How come know one talks about the Legend of the Sea's ship?
Is it a nice ship?

Sponsored Links
Old July 8th, 2004, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Legend of the Sea's

Hi Robin,
The Legend is one of the best kept ships in the fleet, but it looks like most people prefer to talk about the newer ships.
Old July 8th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Karin

Funny you should ask that question as I was wondering the exact same thing last night! DH and I are sailing Legend to the Mexican Riviera on 9/12 and I am starting to think that maybe we will be the only passengers on it!
It is our first cruise, and we chose this particular one since we live in San Diego and it seemed to make sense to use the port in our own "front yard".
Hope to hear from some other Legend cruisers soon!
karin
Old July 8th, 2004, 04:59 PM
Yeoman

I was on her inaugural thru the Canal and then on her twice in 2002. I would go back on her in a flash were it not for my love of the Radiance class.
Old July 8th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Cruise Queen 50

Default Re: Re: Legend of the Sea's

We went on the Legend of the Seas back in 1999 on a 10 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera. We just LOVED the ship and crew, it was one of the best cruises we have been on. We are now booked on the Mariner of the Seas for a Valentine's Day cruise to the Western Caribbean.
One of the best parts about the cruise was a surprise limo arriving to pick us up to take us down to the port from one of the couples going with us.
The ship is just beautiful and Mexico is so much fun.
Happy Crusin'
Cruise Queen 50
San Diego, CA
Old July 16th, 2004, 01:05 AM
kallie

Nice to hear that you like the ship. Doing Panama in March. Thanks
Old July 18th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Beginner

Kallie we are also doing the canal march 27, 2005. We have 14 signed up for meet and ingle. Come join us
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to CeCe

Great! Finally some people who have sailed this ship and itinerary we are! We are headed out on the Legend in a few weeks and would love some information on what to do and what NOT to do in Mazatland Cabo and PV. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
Old July 20th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Ruffles

We are sailing on this ship on 9/26 with my Mother, my husband, 2 daughters & their fiancees. We did this same cruise on a different line and had a great cruise. My Mother wanted to do a family cruise and she's in San Diego as well so flying is nothing. We live in N. Cal.
We enjoyed the shopping in all the ports. Bargain for everything. Stay away from shopping right off the dock - venture into twon some for better deals. It doesn't hurt to know a few of the right words and phrases. We did the big drive thru the countryside in a Mercades jeep (seats 12) with lunch and swimming afterwards in PV and it was great. Got to see whales migrating as well from the shore.

Is anyone else out there going on the same cruise at the same time??
Old July 27th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Passenger

Hi I asked the same question about the LOS . We cruise August 15-22 can't wait !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Husband and teens 12 and 16. Our neighbors are going without their teens,and two other couples I"ve met once or twice. I've heard mixed reveiws about the ship,but will be open minded. Cece when are you going or have you sailed already.
Old July 29th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Brenda S.

Cede,
We are going to be on the Legend Aug 8 with our 12yo and 16yo. We are doing our own shore excursions-Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan, and a canopy tour in Puerta Vallarta. We will probably just walk around Cabo or hire a cab for a tour. We cant wait to go. Are you on the same cruise?
Brenda
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:21 PM
First Mate

We are booked on Legend on Aug 29, me husband and our sons 6 and 4 YO. We did the Mex Riveria on another line from LA a couple years ago and had a great time. We are fans of RCCL and have sailed on a similar ship (Grandeur) years ago. I think RCCL does a good job on upkeep on their ships and have found their staff to be better than on some other lines, kids LOVE Adventure Ocean. We're looking forward to a good time on Legend, we have a rear balcony cabin (woo hoo). Leaving out of San Diego gives us more time in Cabo, which is a plus. I liked the shopping best in the Golden Zone in Mazatlan. Looking forward to exploring PV a bit more this time.

Margie
Old July 29th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Ron Epstein

I sailed LEGEND last Spring on a cruise to Hawaii.

Having sailed on the VOYAGER class ships such as VOYAGER
and EXPLORER I was VERY disappointed in LEGEND.

The ship is old and worn. Fellow cruisers who had sailed
LEGEND years before were remarking how run down she was.

I was booked in a Junior Suite and could not sleep due to
all the creaking and banging that was going on above me.

Would NOT sail that ship again.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 12:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm going on Legend of the Seas 8/8/04-8/15/04 with some family and friend's of the family. There will be about 18 in our group. I am 27 yrs. old and female. I can't wait to go. We are flying to San Diego on Fri. and going to Sea World on Sat. That should be fun.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 12:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Legend of the Sea's

I'm going on Legend of the Seas 8/8/04-8/15/04 with some family and friend's of the family. There will be about 18 in our group. I am 27 yrs. old and female. I can't wait to go. We are flying to San Diego on Fri. and going to Sea World on Sat. That should be fun.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 02:35 PM
First Mate

Brenda, Tanya, Mindy and any one else.

Please write how your cruise was on Legend, anxious to hear how she looks and what your cruise was like.

Margie