Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2004, 01:38 PM
Passenger

Default Leaving Baltimore-Getting Concerned-Bumpy Ride

I spoke to two people that left Baltimore in May on different weeks. They both said that the seas were rough. Does anyone know if it is usually that way or was it maybe the time of year? One said that at dinner, it was so rough that when they looked out the window all they could see was the sky, then on the next wave they saw just water. Sounds rough to me.

We don't get sea sick but with our cabin is aft-balcony, I am getting concerned. ANyone experience smooth sailing out of Baltimore?

Lisa

Old July 14th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Leaving Baltimore-Getting Concerned-Bumpy Ride

I sailed out of Bayonne NJ about a month ago, on the Empress of the Seas (the smallest ship RCI has) and it was fine. The water did get a little rough the first night, but nothing too bad at all. I took a Bonine and was fine. Have a great cruise!!!!!
Old July 14th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Passenger

We were on the grandeur out of baltimore on the june 27 cruise and it was the smoothest cruise i have ever been on and i was on 5 cruises, most of them out of new york. We must have been very lucky. we had great weather all 7 days. I could not even tell at times when we took off or docked. On my first cruise on the song of america out of new york 7 years ago, we experienced a bad night coming back from bermuda around the cape hatteras area. There was a storm and the boat was pretty shakey and everyone including the crew got very sick. If the weather is fine you should not experience any problems. I hope your cruise will be as good as ours was.
Old July 15th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Passenger

Thanks for your responses. It must have been a weather system or maybe just that certain time of year. I feel better.

Lisa

Old July 15th, 2004, 09:32 PM
First Mate

We sailed out of Balamar (Baltimore)....on May 31st. & we had 11 wonderful days of sailing. We had one fairly rough night down around St. Maarten, but it was nice to be 'rocked' to sleep & the next morning it was very calm. The worst &/or funniest moment was returning home. We must have be around the Carolina's & my hubby & I were up on the top deck reading, I heard a rather strange sound & when I peeked up over my glasses, I was staring at a Jet flying along beside us!!! It zoomed on ahead & then went straight up!! All I could think was,"I hope he is one of ours!"

I know you will enjoy your trip. We can't wait to go again.
Wishing you calm waters & blue skies.....Pudy
Old July 15th, 2004, 09:52 PM
DavidN

We have never sailed out of Baltimore - but last year we sailed out of Charleston, SC. I must admit that the first night out and the last night end, it was rough compaired to the Carribean. I agree that if it bothers you take a bonine - it will pass.

A WEEK FROM THIS SUNDAY - July 25th -AOS