Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Henry

Default ** Grandeur of the Seas August 15 **

Will be sailing on the Grandeur of the seas on August 15, 2004 from Baltimore. If you're on this cruise, please e-mail me at: Hank1468@comcast.net Hope to hear from you soon!

-Henry
Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2004, 03:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: ** Grandeur of the Seas August 15 **

Hi Henry,

I am not going on that cruise but we have considered it. We are going on the Carnival Paradise on 8/1 only because it was less expensvie to fly to Miami than it was to leave from Baltimore. I would love to know how you liked it. We are still considering it but I haven't heard much about the ship. We have a9 yr old so we were concerned about the childrens program and how family friendly the ship was. Please, if you don't mind make a posting when you return or e-mail me. I am really anxious to find out from someone who has sailed on it.
Thanks for any info you can give.
Old July 20th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Passenger

MJ,

This board has several postings (all good that I've read) about Grandeur of the Seas. We're going with one other couple, and 2 singles September 4th out of Baltimore. We're really looking forward to it.

Henry,

Please do let us know on the board how you like your cruise when you return. I'll be an information-gathering fiend come late-August! I'd also like to hear how your embarkation goes in Baltimore.

Old July 20th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Passenger

i was on the grandeur the week of june 27 and there was no problem with embarkation. everything was smooth. Grandeur is a very nice ship but not quite as nice as some of thier other ships. we had a very nice time on the cruise. the food was above average and the entertainment was very good. since we traveled with our 18yr. old &her friend i dont know much about the kids program but the kids looked like they were having a great time. They even performed for us at dinner one night. ( a skit that they had worked on all week).

the grandeur is a great cruise for anyone in the maryland/ new jersey/ pennsylvania area, very convenient and no flying involved. I felt they were very organized at the port in baltimore. just follow the signs and instructions from the guards and you will be fine. Parking for the week is $70 and you pay the day you arrive there.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 09:12 PM
jrrmbk

We are first-time cruisers from DC (2 adults, 16 yr old boy and 12-yr-old girl) sailing on 8/15. Worried abt hard-to-please kids being happy with kids' program but assume/hope we will find "something for everyone."
Old July 24th, 2004, 10:29 PM
thickmd

I sailed on the GOS on May 31, 2004 for 11 nights. The embrakation was Ok. I didn't think the food was anything compared to Carnivals food. Everyone I spoke with didn't care for the food. Some examples: The lobster tail at my table was about 1/4" thick and about 3 inches long, the waiter came around after being served and poured hot butter on it if you wanted it. The Shrimp cocktails had small shrimp and wasn't served with Cocktail sauce the waiter again came around later with the cocktail sauce.
Carnival they served a small container of melt better on your plate and the shrimp cocktail sauce was sever with the shrimp and didn't have to wait.

The shows I didn't think were that great. I guess I was comparing the Broadway shows with CArnival.

This is just my opinion and had a lady tell me that had cruised RCCL before and said the food quality was going down and CArnival's food quality was improving and I would have to agree.