CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   wrinkled clothes (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/235506-wrinkled-clothes.html)

MICK1234 July 21st, 2004 05:32 PM

wrinkled clothes

what do you guys do about wrinkled clothing? i've seen a couple posts about downy wrinkle releaser but can't find it. does anyone know where they sell it?

CA Cruiser July 21st, 2004 05:42 PM

Re: wrinkled clothes

I have used Downey Wrinkle Releaser and loved it. My son even had me bring him a bottle while he was away at school. It was hard to find but I bought it at Kmart in a trigger type bottle and then found it at Big Lots cheaper and larger. My sister just returned from a cruise and love it too!

MARINERS 8/29/04, SPIRIT 11/17/04
Star Princess 2003, Glory 2003
Star Princess, 2002, NCL Star 2002
Westerdam 2001, Inspiration 2001
Jubilee 1989, Jubilee 1991, Elation 1999
Azure Seas 1982, Tropicale 1988

norma July 21st, 2004 06:17 PM

I usually can find it in the laundry isle of the spermarket. It is near the spray starch. It works best on all cotton garments.
Norma

browezilla July 21st, 2004 09:13 PM

I've seen it in the laundry isle of Winn-Dixie. Packing your close tight or rolling them also helps.

luv2B@sea July 22nd, 2004 06:47 AM

Re: Re: wrinkled clothes

Putting plastic dry cleaner bags between items and over items also helps, especially with evening wear.

gb52877 July 22nd, 2004 10:35 AM

Our grocery stores do not carry downy wrinkle release. I have to go to Target, Walmart or etc. to purchase it. My daughter and I have been using it for a few years now and find it works wonders for at home and cruising. We used to iron daily now we iron maybe once a month.

Gerif July 22nd, 2004 02:23 PM

My DH bought an "off brand" (can't remember the name) AND he bought three cans of it - but I just love it! Keep a can on my dresser at home to remove the wrinkles from my cotton garments in the morning and never ever use the iron anymore!

alison1170 July 23rd, 2004 08:24 AM

I gave up my steam iron for that stuff. Walmart, and Target carry it (as stated in the laundry aisle). It comes in a small ivory colored spray bottle. Sometimes at our store its on top and is hard to spot.

alison

robbie July 23rd, 2004 08:42 AM

I also found it convenient to transfer some to a travel size spray bottle.

MICK1234 July 23rd, 2004 02:18 PM

thanks, i found it today at target. like the idea about putting it in smaller spray bottles. i'll do that.

MICK1234 July 23rd, 2004 02:18 PM

http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown...=30&hour=16:00

pambam July 23rd, 2004 09:41 PM

Some suggestions: Try space bags. Believe it or not they keep your stuff neat and give lots more room in your luggage. Hang formal attire in a garment bag. If your clothes still get wrinkled then try the steam cleaning method. I do this in hotels and cruise ships when I am desperate. Hang your clothing on a hanger in the bathroom as close to the shower as you can without getting it wet. Turn on the water as hot as it will go in the shower. Leave the room and close the door. Wait for about 10 minutes and then go get your clothes. They will be wrinkle free! If push comes to shove then call housekeeping and have the ships laundry press your clothes and you'll have to shell out a few bucks...but at least your clothes will be taken care of.

gmechoc July 25th, 2004 12:01 PM

Can we take a small iron with us?

norma July 25th, 2004 12:50 PM

Gmechoc.
Irons are a fire hazard on ships. Please leave it home.
Norma

cathy July 27th, 2004 02:28 PM

I have always taken a small travel iron with me. You just have to be responsible and unplug it before you leave the room. I always leave it on the dresser to cool and no one has ever said anything about it. I don't or won't wear wrinkled clothes. Sorry

cruise_more_often July 27th, 2004 02:38 PM

I bought a little clothes steamer before our last cruise, and I couldn't believe how well it worked. Now I'm even using it at home.

Gerif July 27th, 2004 02:47 PM

Re: Re: wrinkled clothes

If your iron is detected by security, they WILL remove it and return it when you leave - happened to several people on my last cruise.

cathy July 28th, 2004 12:15 PM

I never "hide" my iron and no one has ever tried or even said anything to me. I always take it in the carry on. I have cruised 3 times on RCL and 1 time on Celebrity. Maybe I just got lucky but I will continue to try. The room steward sees it also every day in the cabin. I am very careful to unplug it but it does have to cool down before I put it in the closet until the next day.

bicker July 28th, 2004 06:32 PM

It is important to know about the restriction, even though it isn't always enforced, so we don't get the impression that bringing the iron on board is allowed -- that kind of confusion could lead to a nasty conflict with cruise line workers when they try to enforce the policy.