Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Passenger

Default boarding v.o.s. in bayonne

does anyone know what time they let you board the voyager of the seas in bayonne? it sails at 5pm.

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: boarding v.o.s. in bayonne

Mike, just returned from VOS today. We got there around noon and were on the ship by 12:30pm. It was unstressful and an easy embarkment and debarkation. You will love the ship. Any questions please feel free to ask.

Old July 25th, 2004, 10:30 PM
L Diana

Default Re: Re: boarding v.o.s. in bayonne

Hi Vacation Queen!

Please tell me more. We are leaving on Friday. As I pack, can men wear linen shorts in the dining room or was that taboo? What was the ratio of tuxes vs suits on formal nite...my husband just doesn't want to take his this time. Where was your room and was it recently updated? How was your service? food? what excursions did you do and which islands did you like the best? anything you're glad that you brought...anything you wish you brought? did you use internet service and was it easy to use or were there lines?

Thanks so much for "chatting" as soon as you returned. What time did disembarkation begin and when did you get off the ship?

Thanks.
Old July 25th, 2004, 11:40 PM
Bunny

Shorts are allowed in the dining room for breakfast and lunch but not allowed in the dining room for the dinner meal. Slacks, docker style, are suggested for men for dinner on casual nights in the dining room.
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Passenger

thanks for the info. i appreciate it. can't wait to go. we're leaving friday. i hope there will be kids for my 12 and 15 year old boys.

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS
Old July 26th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Vacationqueen:

I'm going to drive and park at Cape Liberty. Did you drive? If you did was it difficult to park the car?

Thanks.

Voyager of the Seas 7/05
Voyager of the Seas 8/04
Old July 26th, 2004, 09:08 PM
elen

We drove. Parking was very easy, took credit cards, too. Got there around 12:30. Walked from the car to the terminal bldg. All else from there on went very smoothly. The only thing I thought was wierd was that we got 3 manilla colored cards with our cruise booklet for the Bahamas, never used them. They gave us other cards to fill in while in line, which was difficult to do if : 1) you didn't have a pen on you and 2) You had nothing to lean on to write. Strange. Got right on the ship and the room was ready after the paperwork was done.
Getting off was a different story, but ok.
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:08 AM
L Diana

What happened with the disembarkation?
Old July 27th, 2004, 08:52 AM
elen

Go back and click on the "Kroozeguys" message " just back 7/16". Scroll down to my entry "elen" to read about the disembarkation.
Old July 27th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thank for the info.

Voyager of the Seas 7/05
Voyager of the Seas 8/04
Old July 27th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Shorts are only permitted in the dining room at breakfast and lunch. We took a car to the pier so I do not know about parking. We had white tags for debarkation and were off the ship about 11:45, found our luggage, called our driver and was home by 12:30. Bayonne is so much better than NYC. There was plenty of kids onboard. I had my 2 nephews with me (ages 10 and 14) they met kids their own ages and spent most of the time with them. I enjoyed the ports: Labadee: we went to Barefoot beach which is much less crowded than the others and close to bathrooms. Grand Cayman: went to the Grand Hyatt hotel, you pay $25.pp and they give you $15. back for food and drinks and we used their pools, beach, chairs and they gave you towels so you didn't have to bring the ones from the ship. Jamaica: just walked into the Island Village and shopped. We stayed on the ship in Freeport. Enjoy your cruise!