Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2004, 12:25 PM
holden

Default bringing syringes&meds on ship

has anyone had to bring syringes and meds onto a rccl ship? i might have to bring my meds and needles with me on the empress (hopefully not). just wondering if anyone else has had to do this and what is involved (doc's note or just prescription, etc.). thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2004, 01:02 PM
hcat

Default Re: bringing syringes&meds on ship

I have all my diabetes testing supplies in a kit with Rxs in original bottles I do not use syringes but I am sure a doctors note would be a good idea. Call the cruiseline to dbl check & the airline...
Old July 29th, 2004, 03:23 PM
holden

hcat - thank for your help. i'm hoping that i won't need to bring them. i'll call rccl to double check.
Old July 29th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Have the prescription for the syringes and the prescription for the injectable medication, if required, with you. I carry both in a travel bag provided by the pharmaceutical company. You should have no problem. I have only been asked about it once and that was at the airport.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 29th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Passenger

Ask your cabin attendant for a Sharps container for needle disposal. They don't want them in the regular trash (for obvious reasons).
Old July 29th, 2004, 05:36 PM
holden

thanks everyone. cruisedave - good idea to ask for the disposal container. i really hadn't thought of that since i don't usually use this type of meds.
Old July 30th, 2004, 12:59 PM
Yeoman

My Mom uses the syringes evry 3 days and I concur to have the cabin attendant get the container. When she went down to the medical office herself, they seemed rather annoyed. And she does carry the doc's note that she requires the medication but has never been asked for it during airport or ship security since the syringes are in "checked" bags.
Old July 30th, 2004, 02:34 PM
Passenger

My son is diabetic and has been on a few cruises. Syringes were never a problem. He carries a letter from the doctor indicating the need for such. Remember to tell travel agent and pack extra syringes in luggage because carry-ons for flights only allow 3.

Freedom of Seas 1/10, Carnival Freedom 1/08, Carribean Princess 1/07, Navigator of Seas 1/05, Voyager of Seas 7/04, Conquest 12/03, Explorer of Seas 1/02, Victory 12/00, Triumph 9/99, Paradise 12/99, Big Red Boat 12/94, Noordam 1/90, Volendam 5/82