CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Royal Caribbean International (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/)
-   -   Drinking age (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/royal-caribbean-international/235590-drinking-age.html)

DLH6870 July 30th, 2004 02:20 PM

Drinking age

Hi Everyone..

can someone please tell me what the drinking age is on the ship?

AhoyBoy July 30th, 2004 02:35 PM

Re: Drinking age

21 for alcohol but 18 for beer and wine with a parents permission slip. Only when out at sea.

RCCLfan July 30th, 2004 02:45 PM

You do not need a parents permission slip if you are 18 on RCI. You may consume wine and beer if you are 18 without parent's approval.

Laurie M July 30th, 2004 10:02 PM

Re: Re: Drinking age

Sorry to disagree with you RCCLfan. We just got off the Adventure of the Seas, and I had to sign a "approval" form for my 19 yr old to purchase the beer and wine.

kroozeguy July 31st, 2004 09:54 PM

Yes, on RCCL if someone under 21 is travelling, their parent or guardian must either sign or reject a permission slip as part of the boarding process. Depending on the guardian's decision, the minor's card will be "hole punched" accordingly as a means of identification.

No punches = alcohol, wine, beer
1 punch = wine, beer
2 punches = only ice tea and lemonade buddy

island lover August 1st, 2004 06:12 PM

on grandeur i did not have to sign any permision slips for my daughter and friend. one punch on card meant 18 to 20 years old and only beer and wine but when they were with us i would order them a mixed drink and no one said anything.

Laurie M August 2nd, 2004 12:47 AM

island lover...

Maybe the person that checked you in just let the approval form slip thru the crack.

Out of curiosity, I just checked RCCL's website and it doesn't say anything about having to sign a permission form. Oddly, though I did have to sign one two weeks ago.

Things that make you go "hmmmmm". ;-)

island lover August 2nd, 2004 08:36 PM

I could be wrong... maybe i did sign something regarding that... there were other forms i was filling out for my daughter and friend and that could have been one of them. i just don't recall that specific form now for sure.

Kathy S August 3rd, 2004 08:37 PM

We just got back on July 24 from the Navigator. My daughter is 18, and I had to sign a permission slip to allow her to purchase wine and beer for herself. However, if I ordered a pina colada or something at dinner and gave it to her, no one said anything. They don't stop you from purchasing a drink and giving it to them.

Darcy August 4th, 2004 08:59 AM

I also had to sign a permission slip for our 18 y.o. son to drink beer and wine.

grod19 August 4th, 2004 10:28 AM

A month ago rccl wanted someone over 25 to sign for the people under 21 to let them drink. I told them i would sign it and they didnt care that i was only 22. I told them i would sign someone elses name that is 25 but they said they didnt care

EdH August 13th, 2004 12:22 AM

But what happens if your not going with you parents or legall guardians?? Can they still sign if there over 25?