Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2004, 05:02 PM
Passenger

Default Empress - How is food, ship and entertainment?

We are considering taking the Empress in January leaving out of San Juan. We've never sailed Royal Caribbean before and are wondering how it compares to Norwegian and Princess?
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2004, 05:12 PM
holden

Default Re: Empress - How is food, ship and entertainment?

i'm looking forward to my empress cruise next week! check out the reviews under "ship reviews" at the top of the page.
Old August 2nd, 2004, 05:17 PM
holden

on second thought...don't read the readers reviews. the only one there is negative. i have heard mostly positive things about the empress. the negative reviews are mostly from people who went on sailings either during or just after the ship was refurbished.

i haven't been on norwegian or princess, so i can't offer any comparisons for you. sorry.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 10:17 AM
Dan p

I have been on NCL before and RCCL.On NCL with their free style dinners that is nice but the service is bad.On Rccl with their set time for dinner[we always get the late sitting]the service is a lot better .And you can get to see the shows where with NCL you may not see the show because of the bad service.
But dont get me wrong if the price is right on either line we will book.
Old August 8th, 2004, 10:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just got back from our 8-night cruise on Empress last Sunday (8/1). Having sailed with RCCL, Norwegian, Carnival & Celebrity I have to admit that Royal Caribbean is my favorite. The food on the Empress was OUTSTANDING!!! We ate in the main dining room every night. How do they make food for so many people - and make it taste so good?!?! Some nights we took our waiters advice and ordered what he recommended - we were not let down. The service on RCCL is terrific.

With the exception of one night the entertainment was fantastic. Out of our group of 12 everyone -- even the teenagers -- had a great time. I just cannot say enough about the Empress of the Seas.
Old August 9th, 2004, 07:45 AM
sailgirl

We just returned from the 6 day empress to bermuda. We had a wonderful time. My teens said that the teen programs were much better than carnival. This is a small ship and there was much less of a hard sell than our previous cruise. Food and service were good.
Old August 9th, 2004, 08:18 AM
airnikez

what are the entertainment available on the ships? how's the fitness center? swimming pool and running track?
Old August 9th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the replies. We're excited about our first RCCL cruise in January.