Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Royal Caribbean International
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Passenger

Default Parasailing

Sailing in under two months, I'm finding myself more and more excited. We have a group of 5 going and have yet to decide what excursions we all want to take. We're going on Navigator on Sept. 18th Western Caribbean.

One thing we all do want to do is parasail. We're going to be staying in South beach for 2 days prior to the cruise so I guess we have options of Labadee, Cozumel, or South Beach. Anyone have any opinions about which would be the best experience? How about the best price? From what I've seen it appears cheaper to do it in the Miami Area.

The other consideration is weight. While none of us are huge, we all weigh between 190 and 220 pounds. I noticed with Labadee they have a weight limit of 375 pounds and require flying tandem. Is this limit strictly enforced? Even with five of us there are no combinations under 375. Are all parasailing companies like this?

In South Beach, we're staying at the Royal Palm Crown Plaza (Price Line for 55/night). Having never been to Florida, I'm wondering, are there are vendors set up all along the beach for parasailing, wave-runners, etc?

Sorry about all the questions. Having never been to the area and never having cruised before I'm sort of at a loss and I don't want to miss out on anything by waiting and find out something is sold out.

Thank you,
James

Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2004, 09:44 AM
Dow Dow

Default Re: Parasailing

We parasailed at Labadee. I weigh 260 # so they let me go by myself. What a great time. Will do it again on our next cruise. Take several waterproof cameras from Wallmart, $ 7.77, I think. Have a great time.
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:22 PM
Sooshie

I parasailed in Naples, FL. They didn't require us to go tandem, we requested it. In Cozumel they parasail from any beach. We went to a beach called Nachi Cocom. It's really non-touristy and not at all crowded. I would think the more crowded beaches would lessen your chances of parasailing due to availability. I would suggest doing it in Miami since you will be there the longest...no matter where it is sure to be a great time. Have fun!

Susan
Old August 7th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to ydoodle

I would definitely try Miami. The Florida operators are sure to have liability insurance, and I seriously doubt the operators in Cancun and Cozumel do. Having said that, I would hope the ship sponserd parasailing might be different. When in Cancun 3 years ago, on a gusty day, the wind blew one parasailer into the side of a hotel. I heard later that he had broken his back. That was enough to dampen my enthusiasm.

Enjoy your cruise...
Nancy
Old August 8th, 2004, 08:37 AM
Passenger

Thank you all for your replies. I think we'll definately try it in Miami. Anyone know of any good tour companies we could make a reservation with?